Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Soap and Glory

(41 Posts)
PinkSparklyJumboStocking Sat 27-Dec-14 18:31:30

I was bought a Soap and Glory gift set for Christmas and I'm now converted! It contained Clean on Me shower gel, Scrub of Your Life body scrub (which I binned as it contains microbeads), Righteous Butter body butter and Hand Food hand cream. I'm planning on stocking up in Boots so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about what other products I should buy?

Thanks in advance.

Olivo Sat 27-Dec-14 18:34:36

The sugar scrub is delicious and the foot cream ( heel something) is nice. I like their mascara too after getting one in a set.

What is the issue with micro beads, out of curiosity?

ihatethecold Sat 27-Dec-14 18:34:54

Their mascara is fantastic.

Chopsypie Sat 27-Dec-14 18:36:44

Make up is awesome.
They do an alcohol hand gel as well which is much nicer than the usual. I keep it in my handbag for when out and about.

I love their body spray/mist stuff as well

Sirzy Sat 27-Dec-14 18:37:56

Another vote for the mascara. I haven't found anything I don't like yet though

PinkSparklyJumboStocking Sat 27-Dec-14 18:44:39

Thanks everyone, I'll have a good browse when I get into town. DH will be with me tomorrow so I might have to wait until next time!

Olivo, microbeads aren't biodegradable and end up in the ocean are ingested by fish etc. They then end up in the food chain. Thankfully many companies have pledged to stop using them.

bigTillyMint Sat 27-Dec-14 18:44:49

I agree, it's all nice and smells lovely! The mascara is good, but DD found out and pinched mine...

ChantenayCarrot1 Sat 27-Dec-14 18:55:35

Boots still has large gift sets available (at half price) and all other Soap and Glory products are 3 for 2. Fill ya boots smile

Ems1812 Sat 27-Dec-14 18:58:51

They do an amazing lip gloss called Sexy Mother Pucker! It tingles when you put it on & gives you lovely fuller lips, it also lasts a long time, love it!

threepiecesuite Sat 27-Dec-14 19:03:31

Oh god yes, Mother Pucker is fabulous.
As is Heel Genius.

And it all smells lovely. I swear Soap and Glory has single handedly kept Boots afloat.

bigTillyMint Sat 27-Dec-14 19:04:22

Oh yes, I have the Sexy Mother Pucker! It makes your lips go all tinglywink

juneybean Sat 27-Dec-14 19:05:03

The eyeliner is amazing

OrangesLemons Sat 27-Dec-14 19:06:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Firefly7 Sat 27-Dec-14 19:18:16

Just love their body products. The mascara is fab too. Have to steer clear of their facial skincare though, always breaks me out sadly.

PinkSparklyJumboStocking Sat 27-Dec-14 19:27:14

I'll probably have to avoid the face products as anything perfumed gives me bumpy skin. I'll definitely be stocking up on body stuff though especially on 3 for 2 - DH might have to find himself something else to look at!

Chopsypie Sat 27-Dec-14 19:30:35

Ooh I've never tried mother pucker.

Any shades to recommend?

slippermaiden Sat 27-Dec-14 19:36:05

What's it's animal testing policy?

Chopsypie Sat 27-Dec-14 19:58:53

Slipper - no testing on animals, people only. They are a member of FRAME which is an organisation campaigning against the use of animals in medical experiments etc

Olivo Sat 27-Dec-14 19:59:55

I didn't know that snout micro beads either. I won't get them again,. I haven't tried the mother pucker as it is not my colour, but I always pass on the bits of the sets that I don't like/ use. Not a big fan of the peachy cleanser.

mrscumberbatch Sat 27-Dec-14 20:01:18

Mother pucker is a clear gloss usually

Olivo Sat 27-Dec-14 20:03:43

The ones in the sets I have had seem to be pinky orange -are they not that colour in the tube? I have never opened, just passed them into my mum and sister!

ihatethecold Sat 27-Dec-14 20:07:28

I got a pink sexy motherpucker in my gift set.
It's a lovely colour but doesn't tingle.

threepiecesuite Sat 27-Dec-14 20:12:00

I've got a nudey brown Mother Pucker, I love it.

sherbetpips Sat 27-Dec-14 20:13:08

Do you lips not peel after the tingling?

mrscumberbatch Sat 27-Dec-14 20:14:24

Where are all these coloured mother puckers?
I have honestly never seen one. Shopping hat will be on tomorrow ;)

No peely lips. Tis good stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now