Talk

Advanced search

Please recommend a moisturiser for my DM ?

(7 Posts)
Cinnamoncookie Fri 26-Dec-14 22:08:50

My DM is 76 and doesn't really 'do' skin products - I'm not sure that she's ever really used moisturiser, and over Christmas she was complaining about dry patches on her face. I tried to suggest she go to a dermatologist or a salon, but she feels that they would sell her the "highest price product available".

Please could someone recommend a middle of the range simple moisturiser for older skins ? I suggested E45, but are there other suitable things ? She doesn't wear make-up apart from once in a blue moon, so wouldn't be interested in a tinted product.

Thank you !

WowWowSauce Sat 27-Dec-14 08:54:48

Nivea in the blue pot - it can be a little stiff at first but melts nicely. I use it all the time, seriously. I also use Pond's cold cream to cleanse and that might be enough for her, if it's her soap that's drying her skin. I'd use both those products even if I was a millionare, they do the job well.

MUA on Pond's
And on Nivea both filtered for age. You may notice some reviews saying get the German version of Nivea, but that's what is on sale in the UK.

LaCerbiatta Sat 27-Dec-14 08:57:24

I gave my DM Balance me (the one for mature skin) and she loves it. Feels very rich without being greasy. She's 68

Cinnamoncookie Sat 27-Dec-14 08:57:33

Bump

LaCerbiatta Sat 27-Dec-14 08:58:46

it's this one

Cinnamoncookie Sat 27-Dec-14 08:58:52

Oops, thank you for your replies, they came in as I was posting to bump !

Branleuse Sat 27-Dec-14 09:00:10

buy her a jar of solid coconut oil from any supermarket or Holland & barrett.
If you want to spend money and it look lile a nice gift, i really recommend neals yard rose facial oil

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now