Talk

Advanced search

Buying a Prom dress in the sales

(11 Posts)
doglover Fri 26-Dec-14 20:47:05

We're hoping to buy my dds prom dress in the sales and wondered if any of you have any suggestions about actual shops / online shops to avoid (!) or could highly recommend?

She's adamant that she wants a long, dark green dress without 'bling'- mybe a touch of embellishment but nothing too tacky.

We live near Southampton.

TongueBiter Fri 26-Dec-14 20:54:35

Do you have a House of Fraser near you? They usually do the more understated type.

doglover Fri 26-Dec-14 20:57:53

I think there's one in Bournemouth - will check it out. Thanks.

doglover Fri 26-Dec-14 21:15:46

bump

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Fri 26-Dec-14 21:44:34

What's your budget?

Debenhams half price

Another Debennhams cheaper

TK Maxx

doglover Fri 26-Dec-14 21:51:01

About £100ish. I'll look at the links ..........

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Fri 26-Dec-14 21:53:25

John Lewis

Light In The Box

doglover Fri 26-Dec-14 21:55:28

Thanks MMWTW. My dd likes the look of the first one - thinks the others aren't quite 'posh' enough!

TheFairyCaravan Fri 26-Dec-14 21:59:35

House of Fraser have got some beautiful dresses in the sale. I'm thinking about buying my Summer ball dress, but there is the risk DH won't be here!

to give you an idea

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Fri 26-Dec-14 22:05:01

Dessy - click on the dark green swatch to get the idea. They're bridesmaid dresses technically but I used them for a ball and just beautifully made dresses in lovely fabrics. Around £80-£150 I think but you'd need to find a local stockist and ask them to order it I think.

Strapless with slit

Here are all the long dresses they do in green - lots are showing as pale green but you can click through and change colour.

doglover Fri 26-Dec-14 22:18:06

LOVING the Dessy dresses, MMWTW! Spoilt for choice here! Brilliant - many thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now