Talk

Advanced search

Anyone ordered from LightInTheBox?

(12 Posts)
thenightsky Fri 26-Dec-14 20:20:30

DD needs a coat for a winter wedding by 2nd January. Has anyone ordered from this company and can tell me what their delivery speeds are like?

The one she's seen is perfect and a quarter of the price of what we've seen in Next/TKMaxx/Debenhams today.

thenightsky Fri 26-Dec-14 21:40:18

anyone?

cosmicglittergirl Fri 26-Dec-14 21:50:29

I ordered some bridesmaid shoes from them, it was two years ago (so this might not be very helpful), and they took quite a few weeks to arrive (from China) and when they did I had to pay £25 delivery that I was not expecting so I decided never to use them again.

Sorry that info isn't more recent.

thenightsky Fri 26-Dec-14 22:00:35

I think we'll write them off in that case. Too risky.

Eustasiavye Sat 27-Dec-14 15:19:18

Hi
I ordered a bag for a special occasion.

After around 10 days they emailed to say due to blah blah the delivery time would take another week.

I waited around a further 10 days and it still hadn't arrived.

In the end I bought another bag in town, much cheaper in the sales.

The event came and went, the original bag arrived eventually but in the end I refused to pay for it as I had had to replace it anyway.

Now I can't seem to unsubscribe from their website, despite repeated attempts.

Eustasiavye Sat 27-Dec-14 15:21:08

Oh and the other thing was they could only be contacted via email and it was a very complicated affair, so unless you are happy to receive the coat around March, then I wouldn't recommend them.

GooodMythicalMorning Sat 27-Dec-14 15:21:59

Yes. I had to pay a customs charge that cost more than what I paid for the item! This was not stated on anything on the site so it was a most unwelcome suprise. Plus it took ages.

FarelyKnuts Sat 27-Dec-14 15:23:48

I got a flower girl dress off the site. Then got stung for customs charge!
I wrote and complained and they refunded 1/2 the cost.

thenightsky Sat 27-Dec-14 19:11:38

Definitely not going to order after reading these testimonies. Thank goodness I thought to ask MN first!

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Sat 27-Dec-14 21:46:33

I have a friend who bought her wedding dress from them, it was beautiful and a fraction of UK prices. Don't know about customs if she had to pay anything. But yes took ages.

Kristingle Sat 27-Dec-14 23:10:41

I got a beautiful bridesmaid dress from them , it came in the time they said and what exactly the correct size. Excellent quality.

The ordering and delivery times for each item are clearly explained on the website . What is the time for the coat you have seen ?

Kristingle Sat 27-Dec-14 23:11:49

And yes of course you will pay customs charges if you order from China. I'm suprised people didn't know this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now