Talk

Advanced search

Fillers

(12 Posts)
Postcardsfromtheedge Fri 26-Dec-14 18:23:21

Please tell me your filler stories and recommended practitioners and results.

I am interested in cheeks and tear troughs.

Santasgrotto Fri 26-Dec-14 19:34:53

Dr Tracy Mountford London or Bucks.
Excellent- Tatler voted best in UK.
Not cheap but artist when it comes to knowing what to do and also medical dr.

£650 for cheeks- lasted 15 months.
Slightly less for tear troughs- lasted 6 months.

Both hurt like hell to have done- injections are deep. Had some soreness for about a week but no bruising.

flux500 Fri 26-Dec-14 23:31:16

I have bad tear troughs and lips. originally asked for cheeks but nurse a I wouldn't see much difference so had the tear troughs. It was £190 and it really hurts. Expect bruising.

I don't regret it though. I can see that my eye hollows are no longer there and my lips look full and very natural smile

Postcardsfromtheedge Sat 27-Dec-14 00:03:30

Flux would you mind letting me know where you went? Sounds fabulous!

SoleSource Sat 27-Dec-14 03:01:55

I had tear trough and no pain at all. £500. Had terrible allergic reaction, had them done again free (first tear trough filler dissolved by the Dr) and couldn't see any difference, no allergic reaction. I have a bit of filler left and it pools and I need to massage it flats with shower.

I wish I had gone to Dr. Tracy Mountford now. She charges £500.00 with free top up.

flux500 Sat 27-Dec-14 11:56:26

I live on Scotland and asked for recommendations for botox and first went to her for this and was very impressed. We discussed filler in the lips and I didn't have it as it was £250 and this just sounded so much. so after a while I did research on how to decrease my eye hollows and decided to have this and then as I was already having filler in the tear troughs I also got a discount on the lips smile let me know if you want her details but I'm guessing Scotland d may be a bit far to come wink wink

MyMeMy Sat 27-Dec-14 12:11:04

I had cheek fillers done a few weeks ago in South East Wales, I cannot recommend it enough! My cheeks done exactly look fuller, but the bottom half of my face is significantly lifted, marionette lines greatly reduced and the difference to under eye appearance was a totally unexpected bonus. I'm now using hardly any under eye concealer whereas I previously applied loads before going anywhere.

I had it done by a registerd GP who has his own medical aesthetics clinic, he was recommended by a friend who has been going to him for Botox for several years. He used a full vial of Juvaderm Voluma, it cost me £280 and should last up to 18 months smile

browtox Sat 27-Dec-14 14:31:52

bloody Tracey bloody Mountford - does she have shares in this place? grin

Felina Sat 27-Dec-14 15:35:38

Yes but she herself looks overdone so I'm not sure if I could trust her on my face with her own looking like that. Sorry know that sounds awful

Santasgrotto Sat 27-Dec-14 15:58:00

I think that's a bit mean about Dr Mountford.
Unless you have seen her in the flesh then I don't know if you can say that. I've seen her and think she looks fine. Her lips are a bit too full for my personal taste but I don't know what hers are like before treatment.
Her whole approach is to 'under treat' and she's never ever given me more than needed, in fact once I thought I needed more but she said wait and see.

sole what kind of reaction did you have? I had a very sore face the first time- very hot and sore for about 4 days. 2nd time nothing, so wondering how it would be again!

Felina Sat 27-Dec-14 16:01:47

Yea I know it's mean but I have indeed seen her in the flesh and also one of her nurses who has an overfull upper lip- I had my marionettes done and was very happy but I wouldn't trust either of them with my lips

SoleSource Sat 27-Dec-14 16:22:39

Huge black swollen tear troughs. Hollow was lumpy and deeper. There is supposed to be a new filler now specifically designed for tear trough. Skin clinic in Cardiff is supposed to be good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now