Talk

Advanced search

So ponchos...

(5 Posts)
runlikeagirl Fri 26-Dec-14 10:48:09

Dh bought me a knitted, fair Isle style poncho for Christmas. I like it, it's cosy and soft. It's a longer one. It has buttons to make sort of arms in it.

But is it outer wear? Do I wear it instead of a coat? Not sure I could get a coat over the top.

FrugalFashionista Fri 26-Dec-14 10:57:48

It's difficult to wear a coat on top of a poncho unless you have a cape. I bought a poncho last year and wore it a lot during transitional seasons, often with flares. It was particularly nice in the evening when it was a bit cool but not cold enough for a coat. But do wear it indoors: if the house is a bit draughty there is nothing more comforting.

FrugalFashionista Fri 26-Dec-14 11:00:44

Oh and mine is lighter, made of cotton so not warm enough right now and a pale oatmeal color, will start wearing it again in March, possibly with pleather leggings wink

Greengardenpixie Sat 27-Dec-14 00:12:28

I always like the look of ponchos and gilets but never find the right time to wear them. Its either raining, too cold or I am wearing something thar doesnt go. If all the conditions are right i forget to wear it hence the gilets and ponchos unworn in my wardrobe!

runlikeagirl Mon 29-Dec-14 06:24:45

Thanks. I wore it the other day and was too cold. It will have to be an around the house option until it warms up.

Agree green, I worry that when it is warmer it will start to rain! It's a shame as it is beautifully soft and comfy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now