Talk

Advanced search

Does the serum to grow eyelashes work?

(13 Posts)
Blanketontheground Fri 26-Dec-14 10:05:37

I had some fake eyelashes attached for my work do but they looked ridiculous. They are now all off thankfully but have left gaps where I've been a little too forceful. Will the serum help do you think or any other advice? Cheers.

boomershaveruinedxmas Fri 26-Dec-14 11:34:40

I use Revitalash. It works. You have to use it diligentlyfor around six weeks, but once your lashes are long and thick you can it .use less regularly to keep them in shape. My lashes grew so long they hit my specs, so I had to lay off for a while. Revitalash is expensive, but I stock up from QVC specials or easy pay offers. I also use Revitalash primer mascara alone as my mascara - it is blue, with tiny fibres. I find it stays put and gives a very natural look to my dark brown lashes without a top coat.fsmile

NanTheWiser Fri 26-Dec-14 12:17:01

I've been using Rapidlash for about 5/6 weeks now, and started to notice a difference after 2 weeks. It definitely works! It is slightly irritating to the eyelid - eyes can feel a bit gritty in the morning (using at night), but no problems apart from that, although there are a few scare stories on the 'net. I'm very pleased with it (and not a young bird either, I'm nearly 68!!) Amazon is best for price, it's about £40 in Boots.

rumtumtugger Fri 26-Dec-14 12:54:57

A smear of Vaseline on the eyelashes before bed does the trick!

Blanketontheground Fri 26-Dec-14 21:23:12

Brilliant thank you all for replying. I think I will splash out. I feel such a fool for getting the eyelashes glued on.

Bartlebee Fri 26-Dec-14 21:51:57

One of my Christmas gifts from dh was Revitalash (he heard my friend talking about it). I will apply it diligently every night & report back.

ChippyTuesday Fri 26-Dec-14 22:02:33

Word of caution- yes it works and is fabulous, but once you stop (and for whatever reason you will at some point) all the extra lashes will fall out. and you will look balder than when you started. Given the chance I would never go back to when I started using it, as I then periodically lost loads of lashes every 3 months for about 2 years. I'm just getting over this now, and it was horrific. Total bald top lashes (as that's the only bit I used the serum on). sad

ChippyTuesday Fri 26-Dec-14 22:03:24

^^ oh and it was revitalash I used x

Blanketontheground Fri 26-Dec-14 22:14:57

Thanks Bartlebee.
How does it work Chippy? Does it keep in the lashes you would have lost, then you lose them all at once when you stop using it. Scary.

ChippyTuesday Fri 26-Dec-14 22:24:51

For me, the new lashes that grew in were mega long, and batting off the inside of my specs. All good though, and they looked fabulous! But then all the long ones fell out, leaving the tiny stumpy ones, and the sad thing is I always had pretty bloody good lashes, just never appreciated it! then it would take about 2 weeks for other to grow back to make them all 'okay' and then 3 months later would all fall out again. Now I use novalash when I want extra, and they are fantastic false lashes, glued on to each individual lash.

TranmereRover Fri 26-Dec-14 22:28:42

what Chippy said! It looked awful when the falsies fell off but RapidLash works well for as long as you're using it - the effect stops when you stop using it, but to get over a lash treatment it is ideal (takes a while though)

Bartlebee Fri 26-Dec-14 22:46:42

I'm a bit worried now - I have good lashes anyway, I hope I'm not left bald..

Kittykat7 Sat 27-Dec-14 05:13:37

I had extension that left bald spots. I used one tube & noticed a difference within 2 weeks. I stopped using it after it ran out & my lashes didn't fall out. Just use the tube until your lashes get back to normal then stop. I was impressed with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now