Talk

Advanced search

Help me find a liquid foundation

(28 Posts)
Kittykat7 Thu 25-Dec-14 11:12:32

I'm 44 with Comb skin, ormal cheeks & slight t zone with fine lines.
I am a neutral fair shade, currently using Clinique Almost Powder make up in Neutral Fair. Usually the second shade from the lightest in most ranges.
I'm finding what I've tried is either too greasy, too sheer or too dark.
I tried Clinique SuperBalananced but it was too greasy. Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish in Beige was too dark & too sheer. Bourjois Healht Mix was too sheer.
My skin seems to be suiting mineral powder but I still miss using a liquid.
I'm not sure whether to try YSL Touché Éclat but have read mixed reviews.

radiobedhead Thu 25-Dec-14 11:18:37

I don't like YSL because it has a high alcohol content. I like Estée Lauder double wear. You can use a little or a lot depending on the coverage you want.

newpup Thu 25-Dec-14 11:45:44

I love Clinique Even better foundation.

Kittykat7 Thu 25-Dec-14 11:48:17

Thanks radiobedhead. I'm glad you told me about the alcohol as I can't tolerate alcohol in foundation or toners. I used Lancome Teint Idole & came out in a bad rash & big lumps that too a week to go. The same has happened with foundation called By Terry which I tried. O found that had s lot of alcohol in it. I was really hoping I'd like that one but I wasn't impressed at all & it is really expensive here in Australia.
I'm wanting a dewy look. I tried double wear light but the colour match wasn't right. I'm not sure if Double Wear would be too heavy. I want a medium coverage. Not too sheer but not too heavy. Would applying with a brush make it cover not so heavy? I am using Clarins Instant light Perfector under my foundation to give it a glow.

Kittykat7 Thu 25-Dec-14 11:49:50

Thanks Newpup. I'll have a look at Clinique Even Better foundation.

Monocerus Thu 25-Dec-14 13:01:21

I really like Nars Sheer Glow, which I don't find sheer at all. It makes my skin look far better than it is.

EggInABap Thu 25-Dec-14 13:22:47

Revlon colourstay is lovely!

Kittykat7 Thu 25-Dec-14 14:01:25

Thsnks i tried Nars but it was too yellow & slid off. I was colour matched but didn't like it in daylight. I'll see if I can get a sample of Color Stay. Should I try the oil free or other one?

yazzy85 Thu 25-Dec-14 15:30:39

I really like double wear light, combo skin too

Fcukfifa Thu 25-Dec-14 15:33:52

Have you tried georgio Armani luminous silk foundation? That is next on my list to try, I've seen good reviews for it.

Or you could play with highlighters underneath your existing foundation. Charlotte tilbury does a fantastic one.

southeastastra Thu 25-Dec-14 15:49:58

I use Bobbi brown its really nice can use a little or lots

Kittykat7 Thu 25-Dec-14 15:52:41

The Georgio Armani sounds nice. I'm not sure if I can get or though in our Dept stores. I'll have a look at Bobbie Brown. Thanks

FanSpamTastic Thu 25-Dec-14 15:59:25

I have just switched to bare minerals bare skin. I have oily but sensitive skin. It is a liquid but goes on with a brush - you put a little on at a time until you get the coverage you want.

Shonajay Thu 25-Dec-14 16:08:27

I'm loving MAC face and body (water based) at the moment. You can have sheer or full coverage, and it can be used on your neck and chest too. And it's S oi cheap, £28 for 120mls. I've got Estée lauder double wear, double wear light, Chanel, and Lancôme but this is my favourite so far.

lowra Thu 25-Dec-14 16:25:47

The YSL ink one. Its really light and sinks into the skin but gives good coverage. Can be layered up. I love it.

I couldn't get a colour match with doublewear light either, but doublewear had better shades. The assistant said that they recommend mixing it with a serum to basically get double wear light from double wear. I'd also recommend applying it with something like the Real Techniques expert face brush or stippling brush which helps to get good, light coverage without looking cakey. I'd tend to use the expert with pure double wear, but once mixed with serum the stippling might be better. Admittedly, I found I could get a light enough coat using the expert face brush so didn't need the serum.

Branleuse Thu 25-Dec-14 17:27:53

ysl fusion foundation x

SingingTunelessly Thu 25-Dec-14 17:32:23

I'm another one who has just switched to Bare Minerals BareSkin. So far, so good. Nice and light to go on but gives good coverage.

motleymop Thu 25-Dec-14 17:53:16

YSL touche eclat foundation does not have any alcohol! The newer YSL ones do, but not the touche eclat.

gonegrey56 Thu 25-Dec-14 18:01:25

YSL Fusion Ink is fantastic I think . Ask for a sample , and they give out a great 7 day pot . Then you can try it out . I have very sensitive skin but have truly found this is great. No reactions at all. Hope this helps . I use shade BR 20, I am very fair .

KenDoddsDadsDog Thu 25-Dec-14 18:02:13

I use Teint Eclat by YSL and it's good for sensitive skin - no parabens , sulfates etc. have heard good things about mineral make up but haven't tried it .

ScrambledEggAndToast Thu 25-Dec-14 18:14:23

Love the YSL one, brilliant coverage.

Safmellow Thu 25-Dec-14 19:27:04

Max Factor 2-in-1 serum is great, if you can find a shade that matches you.

bauhausfan Thu 25-Dec-14 21:25:01

Estee Lauder do a light version of double wear. I couldn't live without doublewear - I love it!

LosBreakingBad Thu 25-Dec-14 21:40:29

I have the same sort of skin as you, although I am older. I absolutely love the YSL Touché Éclat. It's wonderful and not too heavy. It evens my skin tone and gives a lovely glow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now