Talk

Advanced search

Thoughts on this coat please

(7 Posts)
Amethyst24 Tue 23-Dec-14 20:55:12

I do love a brightly coloured coat grin and this caught my eye the other day.

It's expensive for Topshop, but if it comes on sale later on, I think it would be fab with jeans, black jumper dress etc, and be useful into Spring as well. But will yellow look dated next winter?

www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/clothing-427/jackets-coats-2390889/boxy-wool-blend-coat-by-boutique-3862711?refinements=Colour{1~}[yellow]&bi=1&ps=20

Greengardenpixie Tue 23-Dec-14 20:59:52

I dont mind the style but the colour...god no! and i do like colours and love prints but that is...er...a horrible colour of yellow. I also think it will date but if it is cheap in the sale and you like it then why not!

A lady in my work wore a bright orangey pink skirt. I have to say, it was vile. I will remember that skirt. She has never worn it again. I wonder why?

SanityClause Tue 23-Dec-14 21:02:10

I don't like it at all, sorry. Not the style or the colour.

Amethyst24 Tue 23-Dec-14 21:03:34

Funnily enough I saw a woman today in a bright orangey-pink skirt (think it was a jumper dress actually) and thought, "Oooh, how fab."

I prefer that shade of yellow to the more mustardy ones that are everywhere at the moment, and are horrible with my skin tone.

hmc Tue 23-Dec-14 21:23:52

I don't like the colour and it's a bit shapeless. If you are over a size 10 it will not be flattering. Need to be skinny to carry that off

FamiliesShareGerms Tue 23-Dec-14 21:24:50

I think it looks cheap (even though it isn't), sorry

Amethyst24 Tue 23-Dec-14 21:46:14

Thanks all. Am a size 10 so it might be okay shape-wise. I think I'll see if it goes on sale then give it a go.

The colour in the first pic does look a bit odd - in the flesh it's a very pure bright yellow with a hint of green - citrine rather than sunshine yellow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now