Talk

Advanced search

Unglamorous but amazing dry skin find- 'snowfire'

(10 Posts)
Spidergirl8 Tue 23-Dec-14 20:04:08

Just wanted to share- I suffer from dry chapped skin on my hands in the winter. Just bought something called 'snowfire' from the local pharmacy. It works really, really well and costs only £3.99. Don't be put off by the very unattractive packaging.

It's a bit like 8 hour balm, similar kind of smell too. Anyone else familiar with this and what do you think?

SomethingOnceInRoyalDavidsCity Tue 23-Dec-14 20:29:41

My late grandmother used to have a tube of that in her bathroom cabinet. Didn't know you could still buy it!

thenightsky Tue 23-Dec-14 20:35:14

My mum used to use it as lipbalm on us kids when we were playing out sledging in the winter. Marvellous stuff. Does it still smell of wintergreen?

Spidergirl8 Tue 23-Dec-14 20:44:31

It certainly has a distinctive smell! I thought I didn't like it, but it's growing on me. Very herbal and earthy.

Marylou2 Tue 23-Dec-14 20:51:10

I use Bepanthen which has cured my dry chapped hands.I pop it on before bed.It's amazing.I use my nice handcreams during the day.

OFSTEDwanker Wed 24-Dec-14 03:43:37

Back in the day I remember reading that discalced Carmelite nuns swore by Snowfire. OK, possibly not actually swearing.

ChippyTuesday Wed 24-Dec-14 08:37:23

My husband uses it for hacks on his hands - I think it stinks, and steer clear when he has it on grin

dexter73 Wed 24-Dec-14 08:39:30

That stuff is amazing! My Fil gave me a stick of it about 10 years ago and I still have it!

dexter73 Wed 24-Dec-14 08:43:13

Just looking at the ingredients. It has clove oil, lemon thyme oil, thyme oil, citronella and cade oil (juniper?).

BowiesJumper Wed 24-Dec-14 23:53:37

I use it on my chilblains (because I'm an old woman from Victorian times...). Works well!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now