Talk

Advanced search

Mulberry Bayswater, worth the money?

(13 Posts)
LosBreakingBad Tue 23-Dec-14 18:50:42

That's it really.
I want a new bag that I can use everyday. I don't want it so big and squishy that everything gets lost in the bottom. I've got loads of those bags already.
I'm also considering the Modalu Pippa bag. Any thoughts?

Santasgrotto Tue 23-Dec-14 19:10:27

I had a mini Pippa but found it very heavy even when empty.
I'd not buy a Mulberry simply because I think that sort of money is a rip off for a bag. I know this is a hotly debated topic here but I'd rather spend around £250-£300 tops on a Coach bag or even Michael Kors, but cannot see how a Mulberry for £900 is 3 times better.

cogitosum Tue 23-Dec-14 19:10:47

No I wouldn't. I've had a mulberry and ended up disappointed. Everyone has a Bayswater. I think if you're going to spend that money there are far nicer bags!

buttercupbear Tue 23-Dec-14 19:14:01

Mulberry are a bit shit, look on selfridges you can get much better ones on there too and nicer for your money

LosBreakingBad Tue 23-Dec-14 19:37:11

Ok, thanks.
Next question: what others would you suggest?

gonegrey56 Tue 23-Dec-14 19:39:20

Tory Burch ( online sale just started ), great quality and lovely classic bags . Or Jaeger, lots on sale at moment ! Happy hunting !

dexter73 Tue 23-Dec-14 19:44:30

My friend bought one of them in the spring. She ended up having to see a physio because it knackered her shoulder! Coach have nice bags.

ThePrincessWhoSatOnTheSprout Tue 23-Dec-14 19:44:32

Don't know where you live, but go to Bicester Village... loads of Mulberry stuff for a fraction of the price. I don't buy Mulberry anymore after I purchased an Alexa bag and it was horrible and floppy and not at all what everyone else's was like.

buttercupbear Tue 23-Dec-14 20:23:30

Givenchy are a bit more expensive but build is beautiful and will last for years, alexander mcqueen also nice. I would go into a harvey nics if you have one local, they usually have a good selection and you can try to see what works for you

buttercupbear Tue 23-Dec-14 20:23:54

Or Celine actually are lovely too

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Tue 23-Dec-14 20:30:58

Is it really £900 now?! That's crazy money! Have you looked at the Philip Lim Pashli? Here - cheaper, similar sort of bag and a little more modern but classic enough you won't get bored of it.

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Tue 23-Dec-14 21:01:36

You can phone the Mulberry outlets and see if they have any in stock. They usually have seasonal colours at about 30% off which they will post to you. The main colours only go to the outlets if they are seconds, ie have minor often not noticeable faults. They won't post seconds out so you would need to go to the outlet to see.

gonegrey56 Tue 23-Dec-14 21:03:55

I love those Philip Lim bags.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now