Talk

Advanced search

Stick with a wedding dress that I like or keep looking for the one I love?

(13 Posts)
SantasFavouriteHo Mon 22-Dec-14 16:47:08

I'm getting married in September so went looking at wedding dresses a few days ago with my moh, must have tried about 20 in between 2 shops and narrowed it down to the Maggie Sottero "Nadia"
Went online when I got home on the offchance and found the dress in my size, where my moh lives so she could pick it up and 50% cheaper than the shop...so far so good?

BUT...I don't know if I love it. During dress shopping it was the one that made me look the best least fat and its a lovely dress but I didn't have any "wow" feeling when I looked at it on but that might have just been the environment I found really weird, I'm not especially girly and staring at myself for hours was already freaking me out a bit by that point

The other thing is, I've done loads of looking online and love corded lace dresses and tbh have fallen in love with the Justin Alexandar 8557, its so beautiful, think the a-line would also suit my shape but I haven't tried it on like I have the Maggie one. And I can't afford if full price so it'd be finding it in my size second hand somewhere...do I take the chance I will or buy the Nadia knowing it looks ok and I kinda like it?

mooth Mon 22-Dec-14 17:52:48

I think you know the answer to your question!

Welliesandpyjamas Mon 22-Dec-14 17:55:34

Keep looking. It's too big a day to compromise on if the right dress is so important to you. Hope you find the right one [ smile]

gonegrey56 Mon 22-Dec-14 18:39:24

Keep looking ! You have plenty of time ....

SantasFavouriteHo Mon 22-Dec-14 21:35:13

But what if a second hand one in the right size doesn't come up in time? Only a few months when you factor in time for fittings too?

anotherdayanothersquabble Mon 22-Dec-14 21:38:07

Find a dress maker....

Lonelynessie Tue 23-Dec-14 13:36:34

Go for the one you love, you have time. I second going to a dress maker.

FibonacciSeries Tue 23-Dec-14 13:54:46

Keep looking! When I started the wedding dress shops dance, I found one that was nice and I looked good in. But I persevered and found THE one.

SantasFavouriteHo Tue 23-Dec-14 16:12:29

But what if I can't find the one I love?

FibonacciSeries Tue 23-Dec-14 16:13:39

I guess it could happen, but I've never known a bride who didn't find "it".

SantasFavouriteHo Tue 23-Dec-14 16:22:52

I think its that I love that one specific dress that the chances of that coming up on ebay or similar in the next few months worries me a bit

member Tue 23-Dec-14 16:34:36

I would actually try on the one you think you'll like before you get yourself worked up as to whether a secondhand one will come up in time!

I can't say that the moment of choosing my wedding dress was an emotion-filled thunderbolt of recognising it as "the one" tbh and would normally caution against having such expectations. However, the fact that you've already seen one that you think you like better means you shouldn't go ahead with the first dress.

FamiliesShareGerms Tue 23-Dec-14 21:33:33

I had a dress that I really liked rather than loved. I wish I had kept looking

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now