Talk

Advanced search

perfume for mother - help!

(9 Posts)
beavington Mon 22-Dec-14 16:12:06

Im rubbish at perfume as is my dm. Ive decided at the last minute to get her a perfume to go with xmas present as shes all out of the one perfume shes had for years! She wants something different so must have finally got bored with the one she had. She says she likes freesia but nothing too sweet and nothing too strong so an eau de toilette rather than perfume. Also nothing too expensive and it doesnt need to be a new perfume as neither of us have smelt most perfumes out there!

Also i have little time to buy and only a medium sized boots to get it from so it needs to be quite easy to get hold of.

...any ideas?

FrugalFashionista Mon 22-Dec-14 16:17:34

Ofresia?

GilbertBlytheWouldGiftIt Mon 22-Dec-14 16:30:46

Anais Anais
Daisy Marc Jacobs

FrugalFashionista Mon 22-Dec-14 16:40:19

More freesia perfumes here.

beavington Mon 22-Dec-14 17:05:53

Thanks for the link ralph laurens ralph is mentioned think ill look at that as the price is more reasonable to spend on someone whos not that into perfumes. Will go sniffing tomorrow!

I think anais anais was the last perfume! smile marc jacobs seemed a bit steep price wise.

Hakluyt Mon 22-Dec-14 17:08:02

White Linen by Estée Lauder if you can get it.

GilbertBlytheWouldGiftIt Mon 22-Dec-14 18:22:52

If you can get to an M & S, they have an incredible range of fragrance at the moment, most in EDT form.

Fragonard are mostly very nice, my personal favourite at the moment is Etoile:
www.marksandspencer.com/fragonard-etoile-eau-de-toilette-100ml/p/p22186690

beavington Mon 22-Dec-14 19:57:52

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! There is an m and s so ill go in there and boots and will feel like i know what im looking for. I have a starting point for freesia now which is good as i have no idea what it smells like!

Shadow1986 Mon 22-Dec-14 19:59:56

There's a new Gucci I think it's called premiere or something which is really nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now