Talk

Advanced search

Becksöndergaard scarves?

(17 Posts)
SilverSnowflake Sun 21-Dec-14 22:27:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Valsoldknickers Sun 21-Dec-14 22:30:14

Asos have them cheap sometimes. Depends on the pattern you are after though!

ginslinger Sun 21-Dec-14 22:33:36

I got one and it is crap - it's frayed and all the threads pulled very easily so it looks scruffy - it also wrinkles like a bastard. I wouldn't spend the money again

MincePieDiet Sun 21-Dec-14 22:33:40

Wait for it to go on sale either at asos or small boutiques like Anna or even tk maxx has them. The wool silk £70 ones are lovely but I've never paid more than £25 for mine.

ginslinger Sun 21-Dec-14 22:34:20

Would add that it's silk but looks crap

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Sun 21-Dec-14 22:43:47

The wool silk ones are lush. The cotton ones are ok but nothing that special. Wait til the Jan sales. I have two silk wool ones I paid 45 for one and 60 for the other but I did absolutely love it and it was sold out everywhere at the time (navy and teal leopard print) the other is aubergine with similar toned big and small stars all over.

GiniCooper Sun 21-Dec-14 22:44:44

Overrated wrinkly crap.
Zara are far better for the big scarf IME.

WhereIsMySantaHat Sun 21-Dec-14 22:56:18

Wait for the asos sale, I got a silk/ wool blend last year for £15. It's nice but not that nice.

JaceLancs Sun 21-Dec-14 23:21:24

I like a huge scarf - biggest ones I find are from Warehouse

BlueEyedWonder Mon 22-Dec-14 06:17:10

They're overrated in my opinion. Certainly only worth sale prices.
I have a cotton one which has pink parrots on it. It is stiff and does not sit especially well. I also had a teal wool/silk one with stars on it. When I opened it out I noticed a very obvious flaw in the material and the edges were continually fraying so I took it back. Shame because some of the designs are lovely.

FestiveRoad Mon 22-Dec-14 06:52:50

I got one of these on Belinda's recommendation on another thread
stores.ebay.co.uk/mercadogiftsaccessories/
They're plain but good.

Sunmakesmesmile Mon 22-Dec-14 06:58:44

Wasn't v impressed with the quality, scratchy and frayed v easily. Bought cheap on asos, would have been v disappointed if I'd paid anywhere near full price. Some nice patterns though.

Apatite1 Mon 22-Dec-14 12:40:52

My wool silk ones are lovely and soft, never frayed and have even been lovingly hand washed and survived intact. I wouldn't bother with the cotton or modal ones. They're limp.

SilverSnowflake Mon 22-Dec-14 14:55:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

vivlevyhandbagqueen Mon 22-Dec-14 19:45:36

I have a navy and pink one which turns my neck navy!!

Nice patterns but really nothing special.

BringMeTea Tue 23-Dec-14 02:54:00

I have 2 of the silk/wool ones. Got them for about 18 quid in TK Maxx a couple of years ago. They are aces. Keep their 'volume' and toasty warm, and big. Of course I didn't pay £70. They are very good scarves though.

CeeceeBloomingdale Tue 23-Dec-14 07:29:02

I like them but never pay full price. I get them from asos tk maxx or atterley road and have paid as little as £15 for silk/wool ones and £2 for cotton. Good at those prices but not without a reduction

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now