Talk

Advanced search

Hot air stylers-recommendations please!

(9 Posts)
Mel0Drama Sun 21-Dec-14 12:51:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

andadietcoke Sun 21-Dec-14 12:58:11

Not a hot air one but I have a Babyliss Big Hair that's been used twice and is in perfect condition apart from some very long dark hairs wrapped around the brush that I'll try to get out - turns out my hair is too big for it. I've used it twice and it just didn't suit. If you'd like it you're more than welcome to it.

ALittleFaith Sun 21-Dec-14 13:25:55

I bought my BBH after recommendations from here. Now I never dry without it! I rough dry with my hair dryer then finish with the BBH. I have a bob and it gives it a lift I never achieved with a hair dryer and brush.

didldidi Sun 21-Dec-14 13:29:29

Also recommend the BBQ but the barrel is quite big. I just replaced mine with the John Frieda rotating one and it's pretty much identical but I got it cheaper. Hair has been really shiny using it too.

CarmelasFridge Sun 21-Dec-14 13:32:19

Lidl have a Britney Spears (!) one in this week. I wish someone would review it compared to BBH.

Mel0Drama Sun 21-Dec-14 22:32:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wasamainey Sun 21-Dec-14 22:37:05

Has anyone else used the babyliss big hair, I've been looking at one but as we are on limited budget I don't want to waste money if it's no good. I've got shoulder length hair that is quite thick but would like a smooth volume if that makes sense

andadietcoke Sun 21-Dec-14 22:48:44

Would you like it? PM me if so. And if you don't get on with it I have another Mnetter you can pass it on to!

UsernamesSoHardToChoose Sun 21-Dec-14 23:07:33

I have fine shoulder length/long bob.

I have both a BBH and a bog standard hot air styler (HAS). With both I blast my hair with standard hairdryer then finish with BBH or HAS

I don't use BBH every day as I don't have the time to dry in sections which I have to do otherwise it doesn't add volume and end up in a tangle. So i use it as my 'going out' hair dryer

I have the HAS they sell in Lidl periodically (looks similar to the Britney Spears one but usually £10). Is as good as any other brand I've owned previously. If I section my hair I can achieve similar results to the BBH but takes a little longer. Day to day I use it to make my hair straighter/styled rather than add volume

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now