Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone understand the Whistles sale return policy?

(8 Posts)
EachandEveryone Sat 20-Dec-14 22:59:13

I bought a dress in the sale today and was told that refunds aren't given for sale items hmm now I'm panicking because I ordered a load of stuff online with the view to hopefully sending sone of it back. I'm picking it up from the store tomorrow. My plan was to try it on there and get a refund from the shop. I've looked online and it says that items bought on line in the sale can be posted back for a full refund. How does that work then?

TreTops Sat 20-Dec-14 23:05:43

I think with distance selling rules they have to offer a refund. so anything bought online can be returned. instore they don't t to offer a refund.

LuckySaint Sat 20-Dec-14 23:08:12

Distance selling regulations mean that you're entitled to a refund for items bought online, but stores can just offer an exchange or credit note if you change your mind.

LuckySaint Sat 20-Dec-14 23:09:52

Unless the item is faulty, in which case the store has to offer a refund under the sale of goods act.

EachandEveryone Sat 20-Dec-14 23:58:21

So if they are bought online but delivered to the shop am I better off just posting them back?

Sonoma Sun 21-Dec-14 00:17:37

makes no difference - if bought online they will still refund sale goods in store.

EachandEveryone Sun 21-Dec-14 00:38:43

Thanks for that info. God I hope I don't love it all now!

trader21c Sun 21-Dec-14 06:43:42

Yes that's why better to order online as you can send back

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now