Talk

Advanced search

Please help find some boots for slightly-too-big-footed person

(15 Posts)
EndoplasmicReticulum Sat 20-Dec-14 17:29:22

I have decided to get myself an early birthday present of some new boots.

Problem is I have size 8 feet, and that's a proper size 8 (42) rather than a fashion shoe shop size 8. Don't get me started.

I know that Dr Martens fit as they do a "proper" 8, so could just get a pair of those but would like something a bit different.

Black, or preferably purple. With buckles maybe. Stompy. Not heels, I'm 5ft 10 and clumsy.

Budget £100 ish.

strongandlong Sat 20-Dec-14 17:37:49

I find a fly London 9 = a proper 8. If that's any help. I'm the same height/shoe size and have just resorted to another pair of DMs.

grumblepuss Sat 20-Dec-14 17:38:33

How about Fly?
Bit stompy, but not too much. Sold on Amazon for easy browsing.

Clark's?

ChristmasDawndonnaagain Sat 20-Dec-14 17:41:44

I'm a proper size eight and have had some lovely boots from Marks before now.

EndoplasmicReticulum Sat 20-Dec-14 18:03:42

I got some lovely Fly London boots on Black Friday a couple of years ago, they're just wearing out now (hence new pair). And yes they did fit!

Clarks do a proper 8, and I have some for work, They don't have anything quite stompy enough this year.

Have just seen some purple DMs on ebay that are tempting me, because I know they will fit.

EndoplasmicReticulum Sat 20-Dec-14 18:05:07

I like these:

www.flylondonshop.co.uk/womens/heels/stif

but guess what - out of stock in 42.

BikeRunSki Sat 20-Dec-14 18:08:04

I'm a proper 42-8, and find the biggest size Fly too small. M&s, Clark's and Fatface fit most of the time on the Highstreet.

Otherwise, Duo are ok, but pricey for the wuslity. Off beat a bit, Duckfeet and Conker are great.

Whooshtheyweregone Sat 20-Dec-14 18:09:31

I'm a 42 and have a pair of Fly boots which are really comfortable.

EndoplasmicReticulum Sat 20-Dec-14 18:17:28

Am tempted by these:

www.flylondonshop.co.uk/womens/heels/stay

Like the greenish colour ones best.

Itscurtainsforyou Sun 21-Dec-14 01:03:07

New look go up to size 9 (43) and have a huge range of boots if you have a small budget

WildBillfemale Sun 21-Dec-14 08:43:34

Don't be put off by the frumpy school shoe image but Clarks have some very nice boots for around your budget and do a proper size 8/42.
I speak as someone who wears a 43 and am frequently disappointed not all their styles go up to 43. I do have one or 2 pairs of their shoes in a 42 where they've fitted ok. The Clarks 8 is a proper 42 (not a 41) and their 9 is a proper 43 not a 42 (if you get my drift)
Next also do a proper 8/42

specialsubject Sun 21-Dec-14 19:40:42

very very difficult. Try Shoezone as some of their styles are a real 42 (look for a 9) and they do a few wearable shoes/boots.

new look usually only sell fugly high heels which not only look ludicrous will make you waddle like a duck. Worth a quick visit if there's a branch near you, only takes 10 secs to scan the shelf.

if you do find anything, stock up!

SpeckleDust Sun 21-Dec-14 19:50:52

Fly Londo Mes - I have these and love them!

BikeRunSki Sun 21-Dec-14 21:38:08

V envious of you lot with skinny (albeit long) feet and calves who can get into Fly boots.

BikeRunSki Sun 21-Dec-14 21:39:09

White Stuff too, do a proper 42.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now