Talk

Advanced search

Nail biting help please

(5 Posts)
Lambzig Sat 20-Dec-14 16:23:06

I would like to pretend this is for my non-existent teenage daughter, but unfortunately it's for me.

I bit my nails as a child, but gave up in my early twenties. Twenty-odd years later, about a year ago, when we were moving house, I suddenly started again and I can't stop. I definitely don't know I am doing it until I suddenly realise it hurts. I have hardly any nails left and they look dreadful.

Any tips to make me stop, or at least realise what I am doing?

Mrwillywonkasbitch Sat 20-Dec-14 16:51:21

Put that nasty horrible nail stuff on that tastes rank u'll realise your doing it when u taste it

JudgeJudyKicksAss Sat 20-Dec-14 17:44:40

I managed to stop nail biting successfully a good few years ago when I caught sight of myself doing it in a mirror and realised how childish and unconfident I looked.
I have given the same advice to my DS2 (15) and a colleague whom have both managed to stop so may be worth a try.

JudgeJudyKicksAss Sat 20-Dec-14 17:48:16

...sorry, posted too soon (full of cold and not thinking straight).

I recommend you stand in front of a mirror and watch yourself biting your nails, then stand there as you want the world to really view you. Huge difference?

Lambzig Sat 20-Dec-14 18:32:06

Ooh, judge that could definitely work. I have no idea what I look like doing it and am very, very vain.

Will try it tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now