Talk

Advanced search

Got aged 7 years older than I am help!!!

(13 Posts)
spankingnewme Fri 19-Dec-14 23:00:42

Ok i guess in beauty terms I've had a hard life lol but today in casual meeting I got aged at around 7 years my senior and it really made me feel shit. Ok i had little make up on and hair needed washing but still this has really affected me, what can I do??? I currently have mid length dyed blonde hair, would darker be more flattering? Naturally mousey but this is an emergency. Also I can't help the fact I probably constantly look exhausted my kids don't sleep well, anything I can do??

nilbyname Fri 19-Dec-14 23:08:23

Post pic then!

You know what we will say-

Good haircut and colour
Eyebrows groomed and shaped
Neutral makeup well executed
Pressed clean clothes that work for you and work together.

Today-
I have middle parted long bob in brown with ombré blonde ends
Nice make up- little base, mascara, bronzer, blush, gloss
Black skinnies
Black ash jalouse boots
Pink/grey glittery knit sweater
Leather biker jacket
Statement necklace in yellow flowers
Clean squared off nails
Some nice jewellery

I have a 5 and 3 year old.

peasandlove Fri 19-Dec-14 23:09:49

hard to say without seeing you. All the usual, more water, less caffeine/drinking/smoking if you do any of those. They all dehydrate you and make you look older. Get a good haircut, keep it clean, blowdry if you can.

Four125 Fri 19-Dec-14 23:12:13

I second the above, it's also worth saying that I had my Colours done, I'm still getting used to it but when I'm wearing the correct colours they do look flattering.

Greengardenpixie Fri 19-Dec-14 23:15:25

I am 47 and i have beyond shoulder length brown/auburn hair.
I wear on my face daily mascara, tinted moisturiser, eyeliner, blush.
I try to take care of what i wear and i love clothes except when i am having a slumming it day like today!!!
I have three youngish children at home - 3 year old, 6 year old and a 7 year old!
I agree with all of the above. Many people age me a good 10 years younger. I have no idea why..although i do think a lot of its is genetics!!

burnishedsilver Sat 20-Dec-14 09:20:00

A hint of fake tan on the face can work wonders.

ChlorinePerfume Sat 20-Dec-14 09:29:57

A shorter trendy hairstyle usually takes years off people.

AnonyMust Sat 20-Dec-14 09:39:47

Who told you that? Gd. Ignore if you can. I look like poo if I don't put make up on. Way older. Don't go cutting your hair or wearing yellow flowery jumpers. Speak to a friend who can SEE you.

spankingnewme Sat 20-Dec-14 09:54:37

Thanks all, not going to post pic so everyone can confirm how shit I look, lol no but seriously I don't want to be identified, interesting comments, I was wearing crap clothes too as was at home, I tend to have tidy clothes for going places and wear rubbish at home, also I do need to cut back on alcohol this is probably what has aged me i just wish I could reverse the aging process a bit!

spankingnewme Sat 20-Dec-14 11:15:56

It was just someone I met, actually two people and talking about people we knew they kept assuming I was in the year group in school making me way older, Im the wrong side of thirty but now feel I look like I'm pushing 40.

peasandlove Sun 21-Dec-14 12:04:16

You probably can reverse it then. Try cutting back and drinking water and eating healthy. A friend of mine stopped smoking and it took 5 years off her

AnonyMust Sun 21-Dec-14 13:04:47

Some people are just rubbish at age guessing.

Truckingalong Sun 21-Dec-14 13:26:34

Botox. Simples.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now