Talk

Advanced search

Next VIP sale....

(54 Posts)
Greengardenpixie Fri 19-Dec-14 23:00:07

So logged into my account and noticed that i could request a VIP sale slot. I am able to preview the listings but there is very little this year and very little that i want. The strange thing is that there seems very little of the current stock listed in the sale. In fact, i had a look through as i recently decorated my sitting room and none of what i bought is in the sale despite it still being in stock!! [ not that im complaining!] Also looked up a nice coat that i tried on and despite it still being in stock on the website..its not for sale either!!! Very strange.
Anyone else got a slot? When does the sale actually begin? Maybe it has started and things have gone already????

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 19-Dec-14 23:01:46

It starts Tuesday. Agree there is nothing in it !

SoonToBeSix Fri 19-Dec-14 23:02:36

I have a slot for Monday.

ilovepowerhoop Fri 19-Dec-14 23:03:04

they are always crap now

Greengardenpixie Fri 19-Dec-14 23:06:25

I have a slot for monday too...but its absolutely rubbish!!

SoonToBeSix Sat 20-Dec-14 00:25:08

Exact start time is 5pm Friday. I only want baby/ children clothes so hopefully they will be better.

SoonToBeSix Sat 20-Dec-14 00:25:29

Monday 5pm Monday not Friday!

Greengardenpixie Sat 20-Dec-14 08:51:55

I was thinking..Friday..there will be nothing left ha ha...
Mind you, there is nothing that i want anyway for a change

LittleBearPad Sat 20-Dec-14 08:54:41

I have never understood the hooha about the Next sale. In the actual shops thry always drag out stuff from seasons ago and hurl it at the racks. At least online I guess you avoid this, and queuing at six am. confused

Greengardenpixie Sat 20-Dec-14 13:51:53

Well the thing with Next is they really do reduce. I dont go into the shops. I really cba tbh. When i have gone in though..there are real bargains. The stuff is actually literally half price or less. I got a bed for my ds and its reall good quality. I bought it online. In fact everything i have got furniture wise has been good quality generally. This time though, there isnt very much for sale of their stock. Think they may be hanging stuff back. Everything i seem to look up isnt listed in their sale!

HomeyIDrankTheBeer Sat 20-Dec-14 14:02:43

I've got 5pm Monday vip slot. the only thing I'm after is some curtains which ARE thankfully going in the sale, very pleased as DH loved them too but we couldn't face paying £45 per pair .

I agree they really knock prices down, but its overpriced to start with

YoullLikeItNotaLot Sat 20-Dec-14 14:06:15

Yeah, looked at the sale listing and there's nothing I'll be getting. Nowhere near as good as it used to be.

Pico2 Sat 20-Dec-14 15:01:40

I've got a slot for 8pm on Tuesday. I'm after baby clothes for our baby that's due in Jan. Will there be anything left?

calzone Sat 20-Dec-14 15:06:38

My slot is 7pm on Monday.

Anyone got an earlier slot?

Thelovecats Sat 20-Dec-14 15:10:42

I got 6am onwards on Tuesday. I'm annoyed because some curtains that I just bought will be half price, so I'll see if there are any left and then return the originals!

dexter73 Sat 20-Dec-14 15:20:17

calzone - my slot is for 5pm on Monday.

Talisin Sat 20-Dec-14 15:20:20

I have a Monday 6pm slot. There look to be maybe three things I might buy if the 5pm-ers haven't snaffled 'em.

SoonToBeSix Sat 20-Dec-14 16:15:35

Pico yes you should be ok first size/ newborn clothes always sell last.

chipshop Sat 20-Dec-14 16:30:01

I worked at Next through sixth form. They did have some great sale bargains, they do really reduce unlike the likes of French Connection whose idea of a sale is knocking £5 off a £100 dress. But Next did also used to trot out stock I'd never seen on the shelves to bulk up the sale.

Btw I don't know if it's the same now but days before the sale started we used to write the sale prices on the labels, disguised. So if something was going to be £14.99 you'd see something like 00149900 written faintly on the back in pencil. Other shops did/do the same.

ChlorinePerfume Sat 20-Dec-14 16:39:53

Had a slot last year. Can't work out why as I have not bought anything from them in at least 3 years.

LightastheBreeze Sat 20-Dec-14 16:49:47

When I just looked I was told, sorry you are not a selected one, I will cancel that directory now which I had cancelled and they started sending me again.

LightastheBreeze Sat 20-Dec-14 17:03:01

I just rang Next up in a grump and cancelled the directory - again, moaned about how I had cancelled it before and then they started sending it again, so they credited the £3.75 back to my account and said I wouldn't receive any more directories - hmm, we'll see.

Doesn't sound like I'm missing much anyway.

ilovepowerhoop Sat 20-Dec-14 17:20:25

I dont get the directory any more but have been offered a VIP slot. It was only offering Tuesday so I'm not bothering with it.

ElizabethHoover Sat 20-Dec-14 19:07:50

i am in after years of NOt being. Monday night but pushed to tue am

it says that if you are given and dont use a slot then you are not as eligible

or something liek that

ElizabethHoover Sat 20-Dec-14 19:08:13

there are MASSES of Nike trainers in it I want

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now