Talk

Advanced search

Christmas Party. Any make-up tips?

(7 Posts)
Botanicbaby Fri 19-Dec-14 20:58:47

Dear S&Bers,

I have got a big Christmas party to go to but I am feeling far from festive. I look awful at the moment, am struggling with low confidence, feel overweight, skin is dull, hair is straight with no bounce and I am starting to really feel my age (mid-40s).

I have a few days left to buy some make-up and things to make me look and feel glam (on the outside). Please could you share your style and beauty tips to see my through the party, any killer make-up, nails, tights, hair recommendations are appreciated. fsmile

southeastastra Fri 19-Dec-14 21:06:30

good skin illuminator? try some out

HollyJollyXmas Fri 19-Dec-14 21:12:03

Some good shapewear underneath your clothes to pull you in?

What foundation do you use? I've recently sacked foundation altogether and use a CC cream. It gives a more dewy look (well...I say dewy...I'm a knackered looking late thirties...it just perks my tired skin up slightly grin). Also primer...use it! Will plump up your skin a bit pre-make up application.

Would you brave a bright lipstick? A good red or deep pink instantly lifts your face if you get the right shade.

trader21c Fri 19-Dec-14 21:14:15

what about getting your make-up done at one of those make-up counters? Someone at work did that for our office party - and her face and eyes looked brilliant and far better than she could do herself ...

Botanicbaby Fri 19-Dec-14 21:50:07

great tips so far, thank you all!

illuminator, primer, CC cream - all on my shopping list now.

I'm currently using max factor colour adapt foundation but I do vary between others (bobbi brown when I can get it). I would definitely consider using a bright lipstick although I normally hide in neutral colours. Have got Mac Russian Red which I think suits me (when I am feeling brave enough to wear a bright colour).

love the idea of going to a make-up counter, will have to investigate that.

chocolatereindeer Fri 19-Dec-14 22:17:53

I was going to say primer too, that way you'll still have the same name up at the end of the evening fsmile

chocolatereindeer Fri 19-Dec-14 22:18:15

*Make up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now