Talk

Advanced search

Seasalt Plant Hunter??

(23 Posts)
yazzy85 Fri 19-Dec-14 16:47:40

What are your opinions on the Seasalt Plant Hunter Parka? Is it warm enough and not frumpy?

http://www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/m/women/clothing/casual-jackets-in-soft-cord-and-printed-cotton/waterproof-outdoor-coats-and-jackets/waterproof-windproof-parka-style-jacket-with-fleece-lining-and-hood_peacock.htm

yazzy85 Fri 19-Dec-14 16:47:58

www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/m/women/clothing/casual-jackets-in-soft-cord-and-printed-cotton/waterproof-outdoor-coats-and-jackets/waterproof-windproof-parka-style-jacket-with-fleece-lining-and-hood_peacock.htm

yazzy85 Fri 19-Dec-14 20:03:55

Anyone who has one?

EustaciaBenson Fri 19-Dec-14 22:58:11

I dont have that exact one, but my friend and I have similar ones from seasalt and we are both really pleased them. Waterproof coats in general can look frumpy but this is as unfrumpy as you can get in my opinion. In fact I got my seasalt one in an attempt to look less frumpy!

yazzy85 Fri 19-Dec-14 23:39:57

Thanks EustaciaBenson. Are yours the warmer ones too?

LillyHammer Fri 19-Dec-14 23:42:48

OK for frumpy looking 65+ year olds (my 73 year old mother wouldn't wear it)

LillyHammer Fri 19-Dec-14 23:44:55

This is the same price, yet oceans apart style wise.

www.ilsejacobsen.com/hip-length-softshell-raincoat-colour-block-RAIN07B.html?c=67257

Nellymay Sat 20-Dec-14 12:14:25

I have the Seasalt janelle coat and its warm waterproof, slightly fitted at the waist so looks quite shapely. It is certainly not frumpy or old lady.
I resent this comment, lily
lots of my friends, who by the way are younger than me, admire my coat.

EustaciaBenson Sat 20-Dec-14 12:38:00

Yazzy, yes mine is a warmer one, I got it from the outlet shop so its not on the website any more.

Lilly that looks like oversized anorak to me, bright zips or otherwise, rather than a coat iyswim, which is why I prefer the seasalt one. Just out of interest what is an under 65 frumpy person supposed to wear? smile

yazzy85 Sat 20-Dec-14 12:47:04

I prefer the seasalt one too its more like a parka and not anorak like the ilse jacobsen

Housesoftheglitterybaubles Sat 20-Dec-14 12:51:05

I have the hellweathers Mac, which is the unlined rain coat version. I adore it! It does not look frumpy at all imo. It is very parka like. I can't vouch for the warmth though as mine is just the rain coat

yazzy85 Sat 20-Dec-14 16:18:17

This blogger makes it look quite nice and wearable!

www.frillsnspills.com/2013/10/seasalt-rain.html?m=1

Djangor3725 Sat 20-Dec-14 18:06:41

For me one of the advantages of Seasalt coats is that many, including the Plant Hunter, have cotton linings. I find a cotton lining makes a huge difference if I go from freezing cold rain to warm train carriage. Have tried a couple of Ilse Jacobsens but neither had adequate cuff adjusters & that is important for me too.

mimiasovitch Sat 20-Dec-14 19:32:11

I have it, and find it very warm. I bought it last year for those wet days when I couldn't wear my smart wool coats, and find myself wearing it all the time. It's not the most stylish of coats, but not objectionable, and when it's piddling down I love it more than my kids.

cheeseismydownfall Sun 21-Dec-14 07:24:46

I have the plant Hunter and I love it. Not frumpy at all (I get lots of compliments) and so practical - genuinely waterproof and wind resist. It has a sort of furry lining around the shoulder area which makes it snuggly, but I wouldn't say it was a winter coat personally - much as I love it I have been wearing my padded coat instead for the past month. If we have a really wet and cold day I would wear the plant Hunter but would need extra layers. I'll probably go back to the plant Hunter once the max temperature is up to 10 degrees or so.

yazzy85 Sun 21-Dec-14 18:58:51

If this is not warm enough is their 3 Seasons coat better for winter??

www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/m/women/clothing/casual-jackets-in-soft-cord-and-printed-cotton/waterproof-outdoor-coats-and-jackets/mid-thigh_length/three_seasons_coat_squid_ink.htm

WhereIsMySantaHat Sun 21-Dec-14 23:04:03

I'm considering the 3 season coat. Someone on my school run has the grey plant huber and it looks great and she loves it. It's just a bit long for me personally.

Lily, how is that coat anymore stylish?!?!

RabbitOfNegativeEuphoria Sun 21-Dec-14 23:10:04

I have the 3 seasons coat and I love it.

mimiasovitch Mon 22-Dec-14 11:07:45

I'd love that coat, as it's a better colour for me, but I can't really justify it. I do find the plant hunter very warm though, but I do live in south Wales where its probably wetter than it is cold. When I'm shivering, my mil, a transplant from Yorkshire looks at me as if I'm potty.

RabbitOfNegativeEuphoria Mon 22-Dec-14 11:29:28

I got mine in a sale. It was a wise purchase.

yazzy85 Mon 22-Dec-14 12:18:54

Rabbit do you have the plant hunter or three seasons? I am not really happy with the parkas on the high street so these lool like a more sensible option

RabbitOfNegativeEuphoria Mon 22-Dec-14 16:06:30

3 seasons. And I love it. It's a great coat. It's possible I look like a frump who would be scorned by a septuagenarian though.

mimiasovitch Mon 22-Dec-14 16:10:28

Maybe, but a warm and dry frump at that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now