Talk

Advanced search

Winter boots for very slim calves

(15 Posts)
Enjoyingmycoffee1981 Thu 18-Dec-14 14:26:48

I am desperately looking for a stylish and warm pair of winter boots. Either up to my knee or biker boots. Brown or black. Budget up to £200.

The issue is my calves are very slim and most boots swamp me, and look daft.

Any thoughts on decent boots for very slim calves?

Thanks

northdownmummy Thu 18-Dec-14 15:10:03

Check out www.duoboots.com

I've got the opposite problem and their boots are brilliant. Loads of styles and something like 20 different widths.

Depending on where you are they have a few stores where you can be fitted hen have the boots sent out. Or the will send you a measuring guide

Twinklestein Thu 18-Dec-14 17:29:48

Duo only go down to 30cm calves which is too big for me - the OP may find the same problem?

I've found the only boots that come small enough are stretch suede or leather. And you can have them taken in by a good cobbler.

I wear Peter Kaiser boots like these which you can buy at John Lewis or online at peterkaiser.co.uk or zalando.co.uk. They come in different heel heights and different colours.

I also wear LK Bennett stretch suede boots too, they do them every season.

mooth Thu 18-Dec-14 17:58:50

Russell and Bromley Stuart Weitzmann half and halfs stretch to fit snugly to slim.legs, they are expensive but you might find a cheaper alternative in a similar style.

Jones Bootmaker do slim boots and some half and half too.

redredread Thu 18-Dec-14 19:37:15

Duo boots are great. I've also recently discovered Gabor slim fit boots, which are similarly fantastic.

Petal02 Fri 19-Dec-14 08:49:18

I swear by Duo Boots.

Petal02 Fri 19-Dec-14 08:52:22

Twinkle, are the Peter Kaiser boots hard to get on and off? The narrative says 'pull on' so I assume there's no zip?

Twinklestein Fri 19-Dec-14 12:11:11

They're not hard to get on and off but there's no zip.

FrugalFashionista Fri 19-Dec-14 12:20:49

I have very slim calves and ankles and have found really good boots from The Bootmakers. The full price bespoke version can be pricey (though worth every penny - I've worn them so much) but they have random sample pairs on sale. The boots are lined leather which I find warmer and more versatile than the stretchy synthetic stuff. Quality is great too, mine are still going strong though they have been worn a lot.

Twinklestein Fri 19-Dec-14 13:08:16

The problem with The Bootmakers is that although they do smaller calf fittings than Duo, their ankle fittings don't go small enough. Their smallest is 23 cm and my ankles are 19cm so they bag. (You have to measure round the ankle bones rather than the slimmest part of the ankle). I also find their designs rather unstylish.

Enjoyingmycoffee1981 Fri 19-Dec-14 13:20:23

Love the Stuart Weizmann boots, but they are so expensive!!!

Anyone had any experience of barbour boots for skinnies??

Petal02 Fri 19-Dec-14 13:59:29

With the gabor slim boots, does the 'slim' refer to the foot width, or the calf fitting?

Twinklestein Fri 19-Dec-14 16:19:03

I've got a pair of those Stuart Weitzman half and halfs, I only wear them with jeans as they're not that slim fitting. I don't find them that comfy.

Dancingqueen17 Fri 19-Dec-14 20:39:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now