Talk

Advanced search

Help me buy a new wardrobe!

(4 Posts)
FluffyRedSocks Thu 18-Dec-14 13:58:37

So I've been having children for the past two years, and my wardrobe seems to have ended up being a 'that will do for now..' From Primark/ matalan etc, which just doesn't seem to be lasting!

I'm 23, pale skinned and ginger, 2 dc under 2, go To a lot of toddler groups and General SAHM activities, I need a wardrobe that makes me feel my age but also practical!

I don't mind spending some money for a few quality items that will last me years, but I have no idea where to start!

I currently have 3 pairs of black leggings, a handful of tshirts from super markets and hoodies from Primark! Help!!!

FluffyRedSocks Thu 18-Dec-14 13:58:52

Oh, and a size 14!

Itscurtainsforyou Thu 18-Dec-14 15:08:58

Start by figuring out what kind of colours suit you/you like wearing. From what you've said i'd look for greens, teal, etc (quite a few in the shops at the moment).

Then think about what styles you like/look good on you.

Are you looking for a casual/smart casual wardrobe or something smarter?
I would buy a couple of decent pairs of jeans (or cords at this time of year) that fit well - I like nydj but also love new look, so depends in your budget smile. I'd get some decent ankle/biker boots and maybe some knee length boots too if you can afford it.

If you like dresses there are some nice knitted dresses/tunics out at the moment (you could wear with leggings and boots etc).

Tops - I'd get some basic vests/tshirts in "your" colours, then invest in a couple of nice fitted jumpers/cardigans. You'll probably feel a bit more "put together" this way.

Try to buy clothes which fit together in a range of outfits so you have a but of variety.

Shops to try depends on your budget. Gap are usually decent quality, I've had some good jeans from new look, even some stuff from sainsburys has been ok for me. Otherwise it depends on which shops size to suit you.

RojaGato Thu 18-Dec-14 15:35:57

Think it;s brilliant you are doing this, especially with the sales coming up.

Baukjen has some quality items, and the prices crash in the sale, often down to about £30 a dress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now