Talk

Advanced search

30 ish yo looking for work dresses - help!

(5 Posts)
m0therofdragons Thu 18-Dec-14 13:05:35

Okay so I'm a size 12 but my hips and bum are probably nearing a 14 but not quite. This means I usually wear dresses that are skater style (but not too short) or a line. Hour glass dresses don't work on me as to get the right hip size they swamp my top half.
I've recently started a new job but my clothes are years old. I just can't find any work stuff I like. Where do you shop for (affordable) work wear?
My favourite old dresses are warehouse and monsoon.

NeverFreezeLobsters Thu 18-Dec-14 13:14:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Jacksonbrodieswife Thu 18-Dec-14 20:46:47

Boden long dresses are why I live in for work and think I am same age and body shape and 5ft 9
They have some nice plain ones, igenerally avoidthe prints
With a code though!

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Thu 18-Dec-14 20:57:41

Hobbs sale, Laura Ashley do good work dresses at sale prices, and definitely splash out on a Me and Em dress or two in the sales.

Can you guess I do all my shopping in the sales?! grin Just means if you pay say £40-£50 per dress you're getting one that was originally priced at £70-£100. Hobbs outlet also worth a look, and yes to Boden but order loads of styles in sales with free returns code as most won't work but you'll find a gem.

I understand why you feel more comfortable in skater and A-line dresses, but I think a more fitted shape is more grown-up and professional looking tbh. Go for dresses with a bit of stretch - I have two lovely Laura Ashley lined viscose dresses with birds or butterflies or somesuch on, with ruching at the side they are very flattering and just about knee length or just below - great with suede knee boots in the winter. Add a little black cardi if you feel self conscious.

m0therofdragons Thu 18-Dec-14 23:36:38

Fitted just doesn't fit - size 14 ish bum but bra is a 32 inch band. I love the look but not on my body sad
some fab ideas. Thank you. I've worked freelance for years so lived in casual fat face clothes so I'm totally out of work wear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now