Talk

Advanced search

Facial redness and large pores

(7 Posts)
Quitelikely Thu 18-Dec-14 12:47:04

Hi

I have facial redness which isn't too severe but noticeable and my pores/old acne scarring seem more pronounced these days and my skin just looks rubbish some days.

Has anyone suffered the same and found a cream to minimise the appearance? I know you can get make up to hide redness but I'm not keen on doing that or using a primer either.

Help much appreciated!

Thanks

Nabootique Thu 18-Dec-14 13:25:25

Acid toning (Pixi Glow Tonic or Nip Fab Glycolic pads) and rosehip facial oil (I use Boots Botanics) have sorted my skin right out.

Quitelikely Thu 18-Dec-14 13:39:15

Thanks for that.

What is acid toning?

Quitelikely Thu 18-Dec-14 13:46:02

Ok just read the reviews on the nip fab things. Mixed but more positive than negative.

Nabootique Thu 18-Dec-14 15:12:09

I use a balm cleanser and flannel, then second cleanse, then acid tone. It all just gently exfoliates and helps with the pores. The oil is really good for speeding up healing from spots/boosting the circulation. I wouldn't say I'd noticed any significant improvement on my actual scars but the old marks, uneven skin tone and patchiness from having acne all looks miles better.

RojaGato Thu 18-Dec-14 15:28:16

I would second rosehip facial oil for scarring. I mix my 50/50 with jojoba to aid absorbability.

I notice that when I cut back on refined sugar it does my pores a lot of good.

DIY facemask of kaolin (Akoma Skincare sell it very cheaply) and rosewater or water and a few drops of lavender oil is good at both cleaning out the pores and closing them up too.

velourvoyageur Fri 19-Dec-14 06:50:03

Dermaflannel is good smile especially in the shower with all the steam. Managed to shrink my pore patch (!) quite a bit with that.

Otherwise pores are mysteries unto themselves, I feel your pain!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now