Talk

Advanced search

If you have had your teeth whitened...

(8 Posts)
Onetwothreebanana Thu 18-Dec-14 12:38:04

How long did they stay white?

Had mine done a year ago and no longer very white. Had them done by dentist using the method where you sleep in trays filled with gel.

What I am doing wrong? Worth getting it done again or will this ruin teeth?

Greengardenpixie Thu 18-Dec-14 13:15:48

Coffee, tea, coke and smoking..will discolour. I havent had my teeth whitened but its these things that i have suggested that would put me off. I dont smoke but i do drink quite a lot of coffee and just wouldnt be prepared to give that up!

hellsbellsmelons Thu 18-Dec-14 15:43:21

I did that but could only do it a few times as it made my teeth really sensitive.
That was probably 4 years ago and my teeth are still good and white.
Brush with an electric toothbrush.
Floss every day (do as I say, not as I do hmm)
Cut down on coffee, tea, red wine, fizzy drinks.
I probably bush on average, 3 times a day.
Use a good whitening toothpaste.

If you still have the trays and they still fit your teeth you could just go and ask for the gel which would cost less!

Jingalingallnight Thu 18-Dec-14 18:27:06

Mine stayed white for months, maybe a year. I am going to buy some more of the gel.

arlagirl Thu 18-Dec-14 18:28:04

Yes you need to use the gel

jellyhead Thu 18-Dec-14 18:30:44

Mine lasted about 6 months

scousadelic Thu 18-Dec-14 18:44:05

I have a syringe thing of gel which I use in trays the dentist gave me about once every six months just to keep them white.

I also find that using the Sonicare toothbrush helps

Mrsmorton Thu 18-Dec-14 20:02:30

Just top it up, it's normal to have to do it again every now and then.

I'm a dentist but I don't do too much whitening. Those I have done often top up at six monthly intervals.

Make sure you're not just perceiving their darkness tho and ending up with teeth you can see from space.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now