Talk

Advanced search

Night out- sudden panic as nothing to wear

(8 Posts)
Spidergirl8 Wed 17-Dec-14 21:59:30

I am going out on Friday and after being a social hermit following arrival of DCs I suddenly realise I am without going out clothes confused.

I have a couple of very dressy dresses which would be OTT. However after a rummage I have this top (in picture). Do you think that this would work with these trousers which I also have. Was going to wear with a wedge ankle boot.

I'm in mid thirties, tallish and a slim 12. I am just a bit worried that the top is a bit boxy and I'm going to look like a frump! Also any tips on hair and make-up greatly appreciated I have brown shoulder length hair with a fringe, hazel eyes and pale complexion....

rollonthesummer Wed 17-Dec-14 22:03:50

Where are you going? I'd probably wear smart skinny jeans and heels with the top. It's pretty. Does it make you look boxy?

Spidergirl8 Wed 17-Dec-14 22:08:06

Thanks rollon. Plan was to wear skinnies, splurged and bought some Paige jeans. Arrived today and fit really well, except have a 36 inch leg for some reason! So no time to get hemmed. I don't own my suitable heels, just court shoes and peep toe in a retro style.

Going for a meal and then a live band.

Spidergirl8 Wed 17-Dec-14 22:08:59

I'm not sure whether it looks boxy, just not fitted. I am terrible at judging how things look on me though!

RojaGato Thu 18-Dec-14 08:56:07

How about you add a belt or sash to pull in the waist then? You could get/may already have a beaded/sparkly one to pick up the neck detail, or even a plain black leather belt could work, as could a velvet or grosgrain ribbon if it is wide enough. Or an obi?

Spidergirl8 Thu 18-Dec-14 09:38:04

Thanks Roja, that's a good tip. However I own zero dress belt, only belt for jeans. I really am lacking in the going out clothes area!

There are no clothes shops near me but there is a charity shop- as a desperate measure I may see if they have anything. Oh dear blush

RojaGato Thu 18-Dec-14 09:53:47

Zara, next day delivery is £9.99. You can get them deliver to work even?

I say this as I had similar panic yesterday and have ordered these for today so I have choice:
option1
option2
--in case i hate both belts at least this will be something--bag to go with

Do you even have a black tie belt you could cut off something else (dress. top) and sew back on later? Or does dp/charity shop have a suitable fancy tie? Charity shop can be great for belts btw. Good luck.

I think it looks lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now