Talk

Advanced search

Night out- sudden panic as nothing to wear

(8 Posts)
Spidergirl8 Wed 17-Dec-14 21:59:30

I am going out on Friday and after being a social hermit following arrival of DCs I suddenly realise I am without going out clothes confused.

I have a couple of very dressy dresses which would be OTT. However after a rummage I have this top (in picture). Do you think that this would work with these trousers which I also have. Was going to wear with a wedge ankle boot.

I'm in mid thirties, tallish and a slim 12. I am just a bit worried that the top is a bit boxy and I'm going to look like a frump! Also any tips on hair and make-up greatly appreciated I have brown shoulder length hair with a fringe, hazel eyes and pale complexion....

rollonthesummer Wed 17-Dec-14 22:03:50

Where are you going? I'd probably wear smart skinny jeans and heels with the top. It's pretty. Does it make you look boxy?

Spidergirl8 Wed 17-Dec-14 22:08:06

Thanks rollon. Plan was to wear skinnies, splurged and bought some Paige jeans. Arrived today and fit really well, except have a 36 inch leg for some reason! So no time to get hemmed. I don't own my suitable heels, just court shoes and peep toe in a retro style.

Going for a meal and then a live band.

Spidergirl8 Wed 17-Dec-14 22:08:59

I'm not sure whether it looks boxy, just not fitted. I am terrible at judging how things look on me though!

RojaGato Thu 18-Dec-14 08:56:07

How about you add a belt or sash to pull in the waist then? You could get/may already have a beaded/sparkly one to pick up the neck detail, or even a plain black leather belt could work, as could a velvet or grosgrain ribbon if it is wide enough. Or an obi?

Spidergirl8 Thu 18-Dec-14 09:38:04

Thanks Roja, that's a good tip. However I own zero dress belt, only belt for jeans. I really am lacking in the going out clothes area!

There are no clothes shops near me but there is a charity shop- as a desperate measure I may see if they have anything. Oh dear blush

RojaGato Thu 18-Dec-14 09:53:47

Zara, next day delivery is £9.99. You can get them deliver to work even?

I say this as I had similar panic yesterday and have ordered these for today so I have choice:
option1
option2
--in case i hate both belts at least this will be something--bag to go with

Do you even have a black tie belt you could cut off something else (dress. top) and sew back on later? Or does dp/charity shop have a suitable fancy tie? Charity shop can be great for belts btw. Good luck.

I think it looks lovely.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: