Talk

Advanced search

Chubby cheeks - how to minimise?

(5 Posts)
Sazzle41 Wed 17-Dec-14 17:08:30

Despite losing weight i still have fat cheeks! I have been told dangly straight earrings and pull hair back at sides ... any more tricks make up, hair or otherwise?? I currently put soft peach blusher on the apple of my cheeks then blend back along cheek bones - is that going to make it worse as i look like a vampire without blusher?!

imustbepatient Wed 17-Dec-14 17:13:17

I am watching with great interest! I haven't managed the "losing weight" part yet but even when I was slimmer I always had chipmunk cheeks (as a boy once told me when I was 12 - such a charmer...)

I use the blusher trick as well, on the apples of my cheeks and then a darker (not too dark and not shimmery) bronzer brushed in a subtle, well blended line under that, going from the lower centre part of my cheek up towards my temples. Hope that makes sense!

Would love to hear other people's tips too.

Sazzle41 Wed 17-Dec-14 17:16:55

Thanks Mustbepatient - bronzer under the blusher line, must give that a go, tho i am not the best at blending so may take loads of practice.

I have to say i was disbelieving re pulling my hair back but actually they do look better when i do (well to me)! Off to Amazon to stock up on dangly non hoop earings (to elongate face according to my hairdresser).

Try face contouring?

loads of tutorials on YouTube.

specialmagiclady Wed 17-Dec-14 17:54:35

Careful with fav contouring - you don't want to look like a mid 00s Boy George. Maybe think less about "minimising your cheeks" more about "flattering your face shape". You probably have a round or square shape face. Have a look at makeup tips and hair styles for that maybe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now