Talk

Advanced search

Can someone help me with HOC (inc photo!)

(12 Posts)
Elfina Wed 17-Dec-14 15:48:06

I think I'm autumn, but not sure?!

Hopefully Wed 17-Dec-14 16:28:04

I know I always say this, so I'd hate you to feel left out wink but it really is impossible to guess without a proper draping. I've had clients with similar colouring to yours be summers, autumns and winters. I'd go so far as to say I'd be relatively surprised if you were a spring, but knowing my luck if I said that you'll end up being one if you get draped!

Elfina Wed 17-Dec-14 17:37:35

Can't afford to get it do e professionally, which is a real shame!

LakeFlyPie Wed 17-Dec-14 19:52:10

Could you do your own draping? If you have some fabric in the more 'obvious' colours e.g. white, cream, black, salmon, khaki, fuschia pink, cobalt blue etc you should be able to work out your season or at least if you're warm or cool. HTH

Elfina Wed 17-Dec-14 20:31:45

I think my issue is that I just can't tell! Maybe tis a lost cause!

TinyLittleOne Wed 17-Dec-14 21:02:58

It's a shame you can't afford to do the draping, it really is a fun session.

Do you obviously look better in cream or white? If cream then probably you will either be a spring or autumn and if white, then you will be a summer or winter. HTH

Milmingebag Thu 18-Dec-14 16:33:42

Instead of working out what are your best colours sometimes it is easier to start with the ones you know don't suit. If you can list a few f those it is easy to narrow it down.

Elfina Thu 18-Dec-14 18:08:07

Baby pink looks pretty rubbish.

I always thought that warm colours (cream, gold etc) made me look all match-y with my skin tone - maybe they do actually suit me though??

Milmingebag Fri 19-Dec-14 01:26:51

Look at the palette for the more subtle autumns - soft autumn. Does that seem about right? If you look at
Pinterest soft autumn it will give you a better idea of how to combine the colours rather than dots/swatches on a page.

Elfina Fri 19-Dec-14 17:53:40

That's interesting...I look ill in terracotta and beige! Winter?

Elfina Fri 19-Dec-14 17:54:33

That's interesting...I look ill in terracotta and beige! Winter?

LakeFlyPie Fri 19-Dec-14 21:42:29

Possibly Winter or Spring.

Good that you've identified some colours that make you look ill, avoid those then! grin

I'm Winter and definitely look more 'alive' in the brighter cobalt, emerald, fuschia colours as well as black and white.

You could have a look at Kettlewell site to get an idea of seasonal colour palettes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now