Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What will you wear on Christmas Day?

(14 Posts)
weeredcar Wed 17-Dec-14 15:27:36

With a week to go, I am wondering what to wear on Christmas Day. I definitely have enough clothes but the age old question is - what do I wear on my feet.

I want to dress up a bit but don't know what to wear in lieu of slippers. We don't wear shoes in the house so although I could wear a pair of ballet flats, they would still look shoe-ey.

dexter73 Wed 17-Dec-14 15:29:52

Is there a reason why you can't wear shoes in the house? If not I would just go crazy and wear the ballet flats!

dirtyprettything Wed 17-Dec-14 16:01:22

I am going to be wearing a wrap dress, with slipper boots.

I had intended to buy some nice leather type slippers but haven't got round to it, I have fibro so can't get cold! wine

bryonyelf Wed 17-Dec-14 18:31:36

I might change out of my pjs into joggers. Not sure yet.

OneLittleLady Wed 17-Dec-14 18:39:26

I doubt i'll wear anything other than what I normally do tbh. I don't really tend to dress especially for christmas, I have CRPS so have to dress for comfort and warmth

MaryWestmacott Wed 17-Dec-14 18:45:18

burgandy jeggings, long sleeved camel boatnecked top, and this necklace

I will have thick socks on, no shoes in our house.

RojaGato Wed 17-Dec-14 19:08:16

Pink silk dress that I got last year really cheap in a sale.

For about 10 minutes I will manage to wear my wedding shoes- peep toe slingbacks mde from vintage kimono silk with a 2.5" rose gold heel. then i will switch to a pair of gold & rose gold glitter ballet flats

My husband is cooking.

RoundRobinSparkles Wed 17-Dec-14 19:10:36

I've go a grey sweater with a sequin snowflake on the front. I'm going to wear that on Christmas day.

RoundRobinSparkles Wed 17-Dec-14 19:10:44

*got

18yearstooold Wed 17-Dec-14 19:12:23

PJ bottoms and an oversized uni hoody

We slum it on Christmas Day

Purplehonesty Wed 17-Dec-14 19:13:09

A dress with tights and ballet flats I suspect.
I have a nice silver silk dress but I will ruin it cooking I think so probably something less dressy!

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Wed 17-Dec-14 19:15:26

A bathing suit! We are visiting the PIL who live in Florida in the winter. We go every year and I am the luckiest DIL in the world. Sun and family. Tis perfect.

LoveVintage Wed 17-Dec-14 21:18:23

A thin black jumper with a mistletoe applique on it and black velvet ankle grazer trousers and cosy fur slippers. Smart enough but comfy too.

NotYouNaanBread Thu 18-Dec-14 12:32:05

This Whistles top dressed down with jeans and flats.

Will wear the same top on Christmas Eve when we have friends over for lunch, but with this Whistles red pleated skirt and heels.

I love my top. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: