Talk

Advanced search

Arse, I look like I have had an unfortunate encounter with a venomous type of octopus (warning - stealth boast)

(6 Posts)
BerylStreep Wed 17-Dec-14 00:10:24

I got laser treatment done yesterday to sort some (barely visible) age spots & broken veins on my face. The consultant had warned me that I would look bad, even showed me photos, but I thought I would be different.

Oh how wrong I was. I look like I have had the worst case of acne ever. Or that I have grappled with some sort of evil villainous octopus in a James Bond movie who inflicted sucker like welts all over my face.

I managed the school run today with a scarf over my face, Western style. Then I went out this evening to some live ballet thing that you watch in the cinema, and when I looked at people, I saw they quickly averted their eyes with looks of pity.

Hopefully the good news will be that I will end up with gorgeous dewy skin, sans age spots, but the short term effect is pretty hideous.

Anyone else had this done and lived to tell the dewy skinned tale?

hauntedhenry Wed 17-Dec-14 07:17:40

Oh, crikey. Hope it calms down soon. I'm thinking of getting some little veins done - bit scared now though! Let us know how it goes.

Truckingalong Wed 17-Dec-14 07:36:10

Please update on how things pan out and whether the fresh, dewy, blemish-free skin becomes yours!

BerylStreep Wed 17-Dec-14 09:47:47

The dermatologist did say when he was doing it that it would make me look 10 years younger. I think he has overshot the mark a bit and I now look like I am in the middle of puberty.

WhatsGoingOnEh Wed 17-Dec-14 09:49:26

I'm missing the stealth boast? You had a treatment done and temporarily look rough. And..?

iwantaginsoakedXmas Wed 17-Dec-14 09:49:29

Oops.

I have only had one teeny broken vein zapped- and it was redder for a few days. Then faded to nothing.

Perhaps you'll be looking better by the weekend ?

Balaclava ? fgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now