Advanced search

Can I make a pair of uncomfortable high heeled boots more comfortable?

(14 Posts)
rollonthesummer Tue 16-Dec-14 10:11:27

I've got a fab pair of high-heeled boots-they look really good, but there isn't a lot of give/softness where your feet-especially your heel- sits. They just feel really hard! I've got insoles in them and have tried those gel squidgy things, but they are still just 'hard'. They weren't cheap shoes, either sad

Is there anything else I can try or should I just suffer because they are beeeeeautiful!! My insoles are quite thin-maybe thick ones would help?

southeastastra Tue 16-Dec-14 10:13:19

John lewis sell a leather stretching spray which may help and qvc sell a boot expander, the spray may work for the heel part.

SoMuchForSubtlety Tue 16-Dec-14 10:16:31

Definitely get stretching spray - I stretch all my shoes as I find it's not the sole that causes pain it's the width (human feet are designed to walk barefoot on hard ground although admittedly not on tiptoe all the time).

rollonthesummer Tue 16-Dec-14 10:23:27

Hmm, the boots are suede, so I don't know if that'll help? It's the sole as well rather than the boot-would that stretch?!

CMOTDibbler Tue 16-Dec-14 10:26:03

I find the Boots stick on ball of foot pads are the best thing for cushioning hard shoes

SoMuchForSubtlety Tue 16-Dec-14 18:13:47

Is the pain right in the middle of the ball of your foot? That (for me) is rarely about the sole of the shoe - it's how my feet feel when they've been in shoes that are too narrow. Hence the recommendation to stretch them.

rollonthesummer Tue 16-Dec-14 22:51:05

No-not the ball of the foot actually, it's the heel. I'm not sure what else to try?!

SoMuchForSubtlety Wed 17-Dec-14 06:42:17

Oh I haven't had that before. Might it be referred pain from your ankles? If I rush about in high heels I find sometimes my ankles get quite sore.

TooMuchCantBreathe Wed 17-Dec-14 06:48:48

I have a pair of boots like this. The insole is hard like walking on wood or something. Also it doesn't quite hug my sole so all my weight is on the ball of my foot rather than distributed. I love them but they are agony. I thought about a cobbler when I next go to town as the gel pads don't work but I think I'm going to have to face I can only wear them for a couple of hours at most. Sorry I can't be more helpful!

petswinprizes Wed 17-Dec-14 12:40:39

Full size gel insoles make anything more comfortable - sports direct sell them for about £8, alternatively if you need full length sole/arch support buy some cheap trainers with moulded soles and use them.

darkestnightbeforechristmas Wed 17-Dec-14 13:01:16

if you google "heel protector sleeves" or look it up on ebay
you will find some really handy little partial gel socks
just ideal for heel protection and only around £4 with the bonus they dont slide around and are discreet and washable

although I tend to go with the more old fashioned "wooly sock" solution myself if at all possible

NeitherHereOrThere Wed 17-Dec-14 13:05:33

What are the soles like - taking these to the cobblers to have rubber soles added can help.

darkestnightbeforechristmas Wed 17-Dec-14 13:08:21

I was wrong
£1.46 from to be worth a go

capsium Wed 17-Dec-14 16:23:12

I found foot exercises can really help longer term.

Heel raises and one where you scrunch your toes up and flex them to shift your foot across the floor. Circling ankles and one where your move you foot side wards on your heel then the same on the ball of your foot to move across the floor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now