Talk

Advanced search

HELP - heated hair rollers !!!

(8 Posts)
EastMids2 Tue 16-Dec-14 07:44:03

First time over here and need urgent advice for last-minute Christmas present request for quote "heated hair rollers, the ones that you can sleep in". I know about heated rollers (Carmen in my day, 30 years ago!) and have seen soft bendy stick things but know nothing of this type.

Can anyone recommend a product please? - for long, very fine hair.

buttercrumble Tue 16-Dec-14 07:47:10

I have these which are brilliant m.boots.com/mt/www.boots.com/en/BaByliss-Thermo-Ceramic-Rollers-3045U_1337293/ smile

buttercrumble Tue 16-Dec-14 07:49:53

Sorry I missed the sleep in part. TBH my daughter also has the pink sleep in rollers and she thinks they are rubbish, it's much quicker and easier to use the heated ones

EastMids2 Tue 16-Dec-14 08:14:46

Thank you Buttercrumble, will check the heated ones and note comment about sleep in type!

AntiDistinctlyMinty Tue 16-Dec-14 08:18:18

I have the same ones as butter and they're amazing! I've never found any good ones to sleep in - I have better results putting my hair in rags smile

DrewOB Tue 16-Dec-14 12:30:27

the heated ones aren't for sleeping in really, they cool down fairly fast. I have wet set foam ones to sleep in and they are very good. However once you get the hang of in, a few double pronged hair pins and a good curling iron do a great job.

kaykayblue Tue 16-Dec-14 14:05:38

You can't sleep in heated rollers. The christmas present asker has clearly got two types mixed up!

I would go for the ceramic heated ones, but make it clear they aren't for sleeping in. You don't need to sleep in them anyway as you only have to leave them in for 20 minutes or so.

That's the whole point of them being heated!!

EastMids2 Thu 18-Dec-14 07:26:39

Thanks to all - yes, the christmas present asker has indeed got two types muddled up! I've now got the Babyliss ceramic ones and feel sure they will give her the desired result :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now