Talk

Advanced search

Lipstick that actually stays on. And on. And on...

(11 Posts)
MrsWolowitz Mon 15-Dec-14 18:17:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fabulassie Tue 16-Dec-14 06:48:05

Yes, they are fabulous.

maddy68 Tue 16-Dec-14 06:51:49

The maybelline (can't remember if it's called 8 hr or 12 hr or something like that). Just like a normal lipstick but I never touch up all day. Fabulous

coffeenut Wed 17-Dec-14 09:16:17

the maybelline 14 hr stuff doesnt budge. I haven't found a colour I love though in that brand.

Fabulassie Wed 17-Dec-14 11:13:53

I think the colours are a bit limited in the Max Factor range, although it's better than it was initially. I suspect that certain pigments don't work as well in the medium.

xmascrackered Wed 17-Dec-14 16:27:28

I have two issues with the really long lasting lipsticks. 1. As Fab already mentioned, the colours are usually quite limited and 2. I find them really really drying. Not good on my super chapped lips, which btw, NOTHING seems to help with!

But hey, OP if you're happy with what you've found, great!

Fabulassie Wed 17-Dec-14 19:00:43

Inspired by this thread I went and bought a new one. Am wearing it now. It's bugging me. Feels dry and flakey.

coffeenut Thu 18-Dec-14 03:04:44

the maybelline superstay doesn't go dry or flakey. i just cant get a great colour.

Bearleigh Thu 18-Dec-14 03:53:59

To keep my lips moisturiised, when using this sort of lipstick, I bought myself a huge pot of Shea butter from Amphora aromatics:

www.amphora-retail.com/product_info.php/shea-nut-butter-250ml-tub-p-287

I mix a bit of lavender oil into a small quantity and voila some extremely good lip balm. Far better for my lips than hugely expensive ones from Aveda and Neals Yard. That huge pot I linked to is twice the size of the one I bought, and I have only used a very small quantity.

101handbags Thu 18-Dec-14 13:48:49

The Maybelline Superstay 10 hour tint gloss is pretty good - you do have to touch it up once a day or so but it stays on really well, I have to take it off with oil-based makeup remover, it won't budge with normal make up remover.

xmascrackered Thu 18-Dec-14 16:35:54

Bear, doesn't it slip off if you're using oily balm underneath?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now