Talk

Advanced search

neon yellow handbag - yes or no?

(18 Posts)
leedy Mon 15-Dec-14 17:08:18

Bought a heavily reduced SCREAMING NEON YELLOW HANDBAG (it's one, I think), and am now debating whether to keep it. Will need to realistically return this week if it's to get back in time for a refund.

I am torn between thinking it will look kind of cool with an otherwise very plain/dark outfit (and I really like the contrast between the very "sensible" shape/material and frankly silly colour, plus it's a beautiful bag) and thinking it will make me look like some kind of nu-rave revivalist (not a good look for a 42 year old who was an old-rave participant). All my other bags are fairly sober of hue.

leedy Mon 15-Dec-14 17:08:47

Er, that was meant to be "this one", not just "one". Obviously I have only one of it.

ladygracie Mon 15-Dec-14 17:10:26

I like it. And think it would look great with a dark outfit. I am probably not the person to advise you though as I have no clue about fashion!

dexter73 Mon 15-Dec-14 17:14:07

I like it too. Not sure if I would be brave enough to buy one though!

MyrnaLoy Mon 15-Dec-14 18:31:02

Yep, I like it too. In fact I love it. Is it going to be your everyday bag or an addition? I think it might get a bit wearing if everyday....

OneLittleLady Mon 15-Dec-14 18:37:12

i like it too

leedy Mon 15-Dec-14 20:02:56

Definitely an addition rather than an everyday, I have a much more sensible black one for most occasions.

MyrnaLoy Mon 15-Dec-14 20:12:49

Wear it with joy - I would!

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Mon 15-Dec-14 20:44:37

I like it! It'll be great with black or navy winter coats now as a pop of colour sorry and in summer it'll be good with Breton stripes and denim.

Where did you get it / how much?

Amethyst24 Mon 15-Dec-14 20:50:51

I have a very similar neon pink bag which I adore. Think about cost per wear though - mine was a tenner in H&M.

Saurus72 Mon 15-Dec-14 21:20:57

I like it, and I think classic shapes, eg stilettos and your bag work well in unusual or bright colours if you're a bit older (I'm 41), it is a nod to fashion without being tragic. I can see this bag working really well with dark colours, especially navy (LOVE NAVY), but also I think it would look very good with white cotton/pale grey in the summer. Life is too short to worry or second guess yourself. It us a bright handbag - enjoy it without being apologetic grin

mrsdimmock Mon 15-Dec-14 21:23:59

Love it, esp with denim jeans, navy blazer and a white tshirt.. try and get a yellow neon skinny belt to tie it in or a neon yellow silk scarf/ sunnies.. smile

leedy Mon 15-Dec-14 22:36:58

Ok, you've all convinced me! Got it from Shopbop, it was about 120 quid, so not super cheap but not terrifying, and I do think I'll wear it with quite a few things.

cressetmama Tue 16-Dec-14 09:53:54

The daffodil yellow bag I own goes with most things, especially in summer, and brightens up neutrals a treat! Enjoy it.

Redtartanshoes Tue 16-Dec-14 09:57:59

Will be beautiful with jeans and baby blazer.

Love it

youmakemydreams Tue 16-Dec-14 10:20:53

You will get loads of compliments on it I promise.
I have a luminous orange bag and everywhere I go I get compliments.
Looks great with jeans and a blazer really brightens up a meh kind of
Neutral outfit. I've had loads of use out of mine.

shins Tue 16-Dec-14 11:12:05

I love it! As the others said, though, with something like that everything else in your outfit has to be really sober and restrained. No accessorising it with a fishing hat for instance, or a whistle, you don't want anyone offering to lend you their Vicks! smile

I just bought a bright yellow summer dress in the Boden clearance sale which may or may not look wrong with my pale skin, it must be this time of year making us long for bright colour!

showmetheshops Tue 16-Dec-14 20:57:42

I recently bought a new handbag for my office party dress.
My new bag
second handbag down.

I am not keen on massive colour clashes and dont like to be the centre of attention.
Your bag would certainly attract allot of attention though :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now