Talk

Advanced search

Backless bra for a GG cup?

(13 Posts)
SmilingandWaving Mon 15-Dec-14 16:44:10

Does anyone know if a good one exists anywhere?

I've just seen the bridesmaid dress I'm going to be wearing for a friends wedding next August. The dress has straps but a very low back and now I've got to find a bra to go under it.

I'm a 32 GG so that rules out all those stick on ones. I have seen that bravissimo do a converter thing that sort of wraps around but I'm not sure if it would be low enough.

Google did point me in the direction of this weirdness! DH says they look like baseball caps without the peaks so now I'm wondering if I can fashion my own from some of DS old hats! Or perhaps not!

Anyone come across a good one that will keep my cleavage above waist height?

CharlieSierra Mon 15-Dec-14 16:47:00

Ultimo do a backless body, but it isn't fantastically supportive, you might not like the look of your boobs in it, I didn't. Can you link to the dress?

SmilingandWaving Mon 15-Dec-14 16:50:14

Thank you, I did think about the Ultimo but I don't think my budget would really stretch that far and I'm unlikely to ever wear it again after.

The dress is this one in the lilac colour. So it'll have to be nude as well.

TheLittleOneSaidRollOver Mon 15-Dec-14 16:59:55

Talk to the bride.

You go braless or wear a different dress.

Is she flat-chested? Doesn't understand the issues?

Send her picture of you in your bra.

I doubt she wants your norks to be the main focus of attention on her big day.

I am an FF cup. I have spent a lot of money on expensive strapless/backless over the years. Nothing works for anything like a whole day. Maybe half an hour if you watch your posture, use lots of tit tape and make no sudden moves. Absolutely no dancing or running.

Different dress.

TheLittleOneSaidRollOver Mon 15-Dec-14 17:07:15

That high neckline would make you look incredibly top heavy too.

Really, everyone will be looking at your chest instead of at her.

The photos will be tit-tastic.

Myself, at 32FF, the only way I could wear that dress is back to front.

Is she nice or bridezilla? August is a good long time to find something similar but flattering.

That said, it could be adjusted to put a lace panel over the back, no lace at the front above the bra line, wide shoulder straps/cap sleeves.

SmilingandWaving Mon 15-Dec-14 17:46:33

Thanks little, you have confirmed all my worst fears! Both the other bridesmaids are tiny so they're happy with it & I feel like I'm causing problems.

She says she wants us all to feel comfortable but the alternatives she's shown me are all very similar. I already vetoed one that there would have been a real danger of me falling out of!

No real bridezilla moments sofar but she is very exact in what she wants us to wear & I'm not sure how she'll take it.

I might have to look for good alternatives & see what she thinks.

I don't think you've got a hope of finding a low enough back for that. The Wonderbra ultimate strapless is good (for increasing the range of shapes you can wear, it runs big in the cup) and sits relatively low in the band but it won't be anything like low enough, neither will the ultimo or the low back converter from bravissimo I'm afraid.

Bride needs to be a bit more realistic, as you're not going to be supported or comfortable braless and nothing exists which is backless and will really support GG...

Shapewise as a fellow busty girl I like

this
and this

Smurfingreat Mon 15-Dec-14 18:23:09

Sorry, but have to agree with the others. As well as being a GG myself I used to be a bra fitter and spent vast amounts of time trying to achieve the impossible with bridesmaids in dresses like that. It seemed that only by proving that such mythical underwear is against the laws of physics and really does not exist that many brides would give in and see sense. You will look much better and be much more comfortable in a coordinating dress that actually suits your figure- it's for the benefit of her other guests and her photos, not just you!

Bunbaker Mon 15-Dec-14 18:30:04

It was horribly thoughtless of the bride to choose a dress for you that won't work.

I have no advice though as I am only a B cup sad

SmilingandWaving Mon 15-Dec-14 19:20:29

Both those other dresses are lovely & I agree would be so much better. She's pretty set on them being lace though as it fits with the theme.

If anyone could suggest a lace alternative that I could show her that would be great. At least then I feel like I'm actually offering something rather than just throwing a spanner in the works!

Do you think adding in a lace panel in the back would be any good?

One of the other bridesmaid suggested a bra with a clear back but would that just look really plastic & odd? I imagine it might be a bit sweaty in mid August.

I'm not looking forward to having this conversation with her, she was very annoyed when the other bridesmaid told her she didn't like one of the previous dresses.

CheeseBuster Mon 15-Dec-14 19:30:50

I think a panel or band of the same fabric in the back would be your best option. it would be discreet and you'd still be in the same dress as the other bridesmaids.

If the other two bridesmaids are small, she was never going to find a dress to suit you all so i don't think she is being a bitch with the dress.

You can get a nude fabric which could possibly be put across the back?

Plastic bras, and plastic straps, are useless. They twist and dig in and will be downright painful (been there, done that!)

Lace plus lilac is proving tricky!

RojaGato Tue 16-Dec-14 04:07:07

Just noticed that there is a "customise this design" button to the left hand side of the photo of the bridesmaids dress- maybe the company could customise to make the back higher or put in the panel?

When you click the button it says they can do things like add sleeves, change neckline etc, so it should be easy enough for them to change the back. They say just send them a picture (front and back) of the dresses you like and specify which features you want from which. so maybe find a dress on the same website with a back that would be suitable for you and see what they can do? in full consultation with bride of course!

I used to be an F and I wouldn't have even thought about that style. I'm a DD now and I would still baulk at that without the back gettting changed. Recipe for a wardrobe malfunction and I am sure the bride would be horrified by that.

Agree with other posters that the wonderbra Ultimate is a great strapless bra that runs pretty low at the back that goe sup to big sizes (and passes the jump test). Maybe one of those plus some lilac fabric in the back of the dress to bring it up to the level the bra is at? You could even try nude fabric with matching lilac lace.

Ultimo also do a good larger size strapless bra that is quick secure, but it does make them look a bot like two half footballs stuck to your front, the wonderbra one is a much better shape.

Good luck and HTH.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now