Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have any Thomas Sabo jewellery? Whats it like in real life.

(18 Posts)
honeypie10 Mon 15-Dec-14 14:38:04

Ive found a pair of earrings ive fallen in love with on their site but they are £100+ which is a lot for us to spend, but as i've gone without a present the past 2 years dp is insisting on buying them for me this year.

The thing is though i haven't ever seen any of their jewellery and I wont get a chance to go into town as i'm chocka with work, Just wondering what it looks like as its quite expensive but does it look quality or primarky?

I dont want him to spend that much on me when it will arrive and I could have gone to river island to get a better pair, hope this all makes sense I just hate buying something without seeing it first, I usually go shopping pick what I wat then come home to the internet to get it cheaper so this is weird for me!

these are the earrings I so desperatley need. thanks

ggirl Mon 15-Dec-14 14:47:34

I thinki it's definitely worth seeing in person, I have a ring that looked much nicer in the sparkly twinkly lights of the jewellers but looks cheap at home .

Mrsgrumble Mon 15-Dec-14 14:49:49

I have the pearl bracelet that holds on or two charms. Wear it on special occasions but had to get an independant jeweller to re thread it, wasnt happy but it's ok since

MrsCakesPrecognition Mon 15-Dec-14 14:50:42

I have some lovely square earrings, a pleasant weight and very well made. I've had them for 12years and still think they are classic.
But definitely worth seeing jewellery in person.

honeypie10 Mon 15-Dec-14 18:55:42

Thanks, Im going to have to go and see them myself arent I. Something I really didn't want to do was go back into town. I wont get a chance till sunday afternon at the earliest and then it will be too busy for my liking sad. May get a box of chocs instead and go in february grin

PeppermintInfusion Sat 20-Dec-14 16:04:54

Some of it looks decent, but it can be a bit like pandora etc- you are paying for it being recognisably that brand in a lot of instances, iyswim but don't let that out you off though if you like it.
If you don't go for them try looking in independent jewellers, my dad asked me to go on a last minute present search for my mum for jewellery and I got a gorgeous pair of earrings for about the same price that were gold/stone/etc than the stuff I'd initially seen in the shops that sell the branded jewellery.

Jewels234 Sat 20-Dec-14 16:56:32

I have a necklace that I was bought. Not my style but it definitely doesn't look cheap.

MaryMarigold Sat 20-Dec-14 18:07:48

I have the silver charm bracelet and the pearl bracelet and quite a few charms. I love it, far more so than my pandora. Not cheap looking at all.

FelineChristmassy Sat 20-Dec-14 18:16:37

I've only got charms and a charm bracelet but I'd buy more from them - nice and smooth, simple and chunky! I don't think you'll find they've hollow backs or similar

Optimistletoe1 Sat 20-Dec-14 18:37:59

I have two pairs of earrings and like them very much - well made, classic designs, the butterflies fit snugly and the posts are a decent length.

Boomtownsurprise Sat 20-Dec-14 18:42:52

I have a jet bracelet with charms and it definitely doesn't look cheap. I would say Sabo has more 'edge' than pandora but is similar.

That said. If you want to spend £100-150 on silver had you thought of Tiffany? Silver can be reasonable.

Primadonnagirl Sat 20-Dec-14 18:48:40

I have a silver shark pendant that is very solid..absolutely love it but don't wear it as much as I should...going to dig it out now!

flashystars Sat 20-Dec-14 18:51:36

Go on etsy. You will find some similar earrings for less and theyll be hand made and individual , and you will be supporting craftspeople.

LeoandBoosmum Sat 20-Dec-14 19:04:27

£159 seems too much for gold plated silver, to me anyway, though they are attractive. I don't think they are everyday earrings, so do you go out enough to justify what I think are glam, going-out earrings? Not trying to put you off but if you've not had a present for a couple of years and your DP wants to treat you, you want to get it right fsmile

LeoandBoosmum Sat 20-Dec-14 19:11:21

I know you've not asked for recs, and these are silver, but I have seen these IRL and they are beautifully delicate and twinkly...very unusual and not a bad price!
www.johnlewis.com/jools-by-jenny-brown-cubic-zirconia-crystal-caged-drop-earrings-silver/p231652072

MinceSpy Sat 20-Dec-14 19:14:40

I've got a Thomas Sabo silver bracket, had it five years and wear it every day. My children bought it for me and I love it.

ReindeerCarpaccio Sat 20-Dec-14 21:49:28

The quality is okay, nothing special.

I have a pair of silver studs with zirconias which are nice, and then a pair of dangly earrings with stones where I think the silver is too thin, considering the price.
I also find that the silver gets tarnished quicker than a lot of my other silver jewellery from both cheaper and more expensive brands.

I've given my mum a few charms and necklaces and she hasn't complained about them.

Personally, I'd rather spend the money on Tiffany, Georg Jensen or other well-known brands.

Memphisbelly Sat 20-Dec-14 22:01:24

I love it, have way more Sabo stuff than anything else, no earrings though. Love the quality and their customer service is fantastic, I have damaged a ring in an accident and it got sent away a repaired without question and broke a charm which they replaced with no problems, I love the look of their rose gold look stuff but have none yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now