Advanced search

Does anyone know what these are called...

(18 Posts)
OhHowILoveMyPuppies Mon 15-Dec-14 13:19:01

To be honest, they are neither stylish or beautiful.

Was visiting the Christmas Market in Newcastle a couple of weeks ago. One of the stalls were selling a hat/come neck-warmer kind of thing. I think it was fleecy material, it hangs down low at the front and back (to keep your chest and back warm), and fits snug on the neck. This 'funnel' can be rolled up over your ears (and fit underneath a riding hat/motorcycle helmet), and pulled up further it becomes a hat.

I feel the absolute NEED for one of these, but can't find anything via Google.

The lady said they retail for £18, but was selling them for £10.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about??? As I live about three hours away from Newcastle, I can't nip out and buy one!

HowMuchMoreWee Mon 15-Dec-14 13:22:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BeHoHoHove Mon 15-Dec-14 13:23:08

A balaclava or snood?

GooodMythicalMorning Mon 15-Dec-14 13:26:51

Snood I'd say. I had one til it came apart

NotOnYourNellyphant Mon 15-Dec-14 13:49:21

It might be a Buff?

OhHowILoveMyPuppies Mon 15-Dec-14 13:55:29

It was I suppose a combination of a balaclava, snood and buff.

I'm finding it hard to articulate what it was like!

So... Tighter than a snood - I think it was designed by a horse rider to be able to fit snugly under a hat.

Again...tighter than a buff, and there is more to it. In particular the long parts that keep your chest and back covered.

It was closest to a balaclava, but doesn't necessarily cover the whole head.

DuchessFanny Mon 15-Dec-14 13:56:42

I know exactly what you mean but no idea what it's called <helpful>

DuchessFanny Mon 15-Dec-14 13:57:43

Meant to add that's not very helpful of me !!

OhHowILoveMyPuppies Mon 15-Dec-14 14:15:38

Duchesse...I'm not much help either!

At least you may have a semblance of what I mean. I'm kicking myself for not buying one at the time.

Maverick66 Mon 15-Dec-14 16:22:07

Definitely a snood some times TKMaxx have them.

slug Mon 15-Dec-14 16:32:47

This sort of thing? I think I've seen them in TK Maxx.

You can get them on ebay as well

burnishedsilver Mon 15-Dec-14 19:19:47

Is this it?

ThePortlyPinUp Mon 15-Dec-14 19:24:32

I bought these buff/snood things for my dsis when she is out in her motorcycle in winter.

Greengardenpixie Mon 15-Dec-14 19:32:33

OMG ...seriously??? You will look like you are a burglar!!! Well each to their own!

addictedtosugar Mon 15-Dec-14 20:04:27

looks very thin?

beanandspud Mon 15-Dec-14 21:42:14

Oooooh, I've got one of those for skiing. You can also turn it upside down and knot the flappy bits to make a hat.

I have no idea what it's called though, sorry. fblush

beanandspud Mon 15-Dec-14 21:46:01

Is it one of these?

OhHowILoveMyPuppies Tue 16-Dec-14 14:51:36

That's it Beanandspud...thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now