Talk

Advanced search

Freeze, Bin, or Spend more...Christmas dress problem

(7 Posts)
darkestnightbeforechristmas Mon 15-Dec-14 08:46:27

I have at least two dresses that are winter party style that have never been out of the wardrobe as they are sleeveless and I'm not strong enough to grit my teeth and freeze, but I can't find any thing warm to wear with them.
They are now I think of it, of a type..cap sleeved and fitted but delicate..lace and beads..and empire line
I have tried all kinds of knitwear but it either seems too brutal or is the wrong shape. And I'm no good with a shawl as I'm clumsy as anything and keep getting myself caught up in things, people, furniture...
Is there a thing I've missed, an item of clothing that would make these wearable ? Or is it the next charity bag for them ?

MaybeDoctor Mon 15-Dec-14 09:17:24

How about a faux fur bolero?

darkestnightbeforechristmas Mon 15-Dec-14 11:45:02

thanks for that .I hadnt thought of fur..I'll go trawl see what I can spot

kaykayblue Mon 15-Dec-14 14:52:42

Isn't the idea that you wear a coat to the event, and then inside it's warm enough to just wear the dress?

That's what I do anyway.

darkestnightbeforechristmas Mon 15-Dec-14 15:15:56

You would think so wouldn't you. I think I must just know too many people who don't like turning their heating up..or even on come to that.
I have seriously considered whether I could get away with thermals underneath!

MelanieCheeks Mon 15-Dec-14 15:17:10

Armoury. Sort of tights for your arms. Mary Portas does them.

NoelleHawthorne Mon 15-Dec-14 15:21:55

no no no to qrmoury weird arm condoms

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now