Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone tried Frankincense Intense face cream?? Thoughts?

(15 Posts)
LisaLove Mon 15-Dec-14 00:04:47

Just heard about this cream. Sherlock star stands by it lol. But anyone here try it? What are your thoughts.

Benedict Cumberbatch’s £55-a-pot face cream addiction
Only at the age of 38, Benedict Cumberbatch is doing all that he can to ensure his age doesn’t show.
The Sherlock star is a solid devotee of the Frankincense Intense face cream from Neal’s Yard – and it’s not cheap either, costing £55 for a small 50g pot.

easternfashion.co.uk/benedict-cumberbatchs-55-pot-face-cream-addiction/

shobby Mon 15-Dec-14 00:19:03

Tried it years many years ago and found it made my eyes puff up and water terribly, and I'm not usually overly sensitive to and face creams. Mind you, if wasn't that expensive then!

LisaLove Mon 15-Dec-14 17:12:31

hmm, I have a voucher so thought why not give it a try. Will post results, but they just make it sound like it stands out from the rest of them. Hope its not all marketing

Floisme Mon 15-Dec-14 17:25:16

I quite like the Frankincense hydrating cream which is half the price and one of the few moisturisers that doesn't make my skin flare up. But I think £55 a pot is taking the piss, although that's just my opinion. If you do try it, let us know what you think!

LonnyVonnyWilsonFrickett Mon 15-Dec-14 17:27:05

I've used the hydrating cream, it's really good but apparently they've changed the formula so it's not as good? The scent is very strong and very distinctive - not everyone likes it.

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Mon 15-Dec-14 17:31:44

I've not tried it but I do like their wild rose balm as a cleanser. Really great. Expensive though and only has a short shelf life due to the lack of preservatives (I think 3 months once opened) and so it needs to be used up or you chuck it away as the bacteria and fungal growth gets nasty.

Darkchocsprinkles Mon 15-Dec-14 17:33:15

The article bears all the hallmarks of a PR statement.

That said, I like Neal's Yard. They are very generous with samples and will gladly give you a week's worth of sachets to try.

FelizNavidaddies Mon 15-Dec-14 18:57:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fabulassie Tue 16-Dec-14 06:47:17

I don't like moisturiser in a pot. It's unhygienic. A pump is best. Maybe a squeeze tube.

BestIsWest Tue 16-Dec-14 08:54:46

I love the hydrating cream. It is the best thing I've used. Although the formula has changed so you get through it twice as fast, it still does the trick for me. Perhaps I should shell out for the £55 one.

Eliza22 Tue 16-Dec-14 09:07:03

The £55 one was new, last year. There aren't many reviews for it which surprises me for a cult organic company.

Personaly, it's way out of my league (thank God) so I couldn't justify it, price wise. If I had a voucher, I might be tempted.

GingerbreadPudding Tue 16-Dec-14 09:12:17

I used it, and the neck cream, for the duration of a pot which was several months. I love the smell but didn't notice any difference in my skin. I'm bought a pot of E45 and the oils I love the smell of and put some drops of oil in the E45 so now I get the gorgeous smell and a good cream in one. And £50 saved.

FelizNavidaddies Tue 16-Dec-14 09:35:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Tue 16-Dec-14 10:09:48

I love La Roche Posay's range, especially their little tube of spot stuff, Effeclar AI, if I get a breakout and the big tube of skin repair balm/cream for chapped, dry winter skin (i've forgotten the name), their sun care range is also brilliant. Also really rate stuff from Avene (I like their BHA cleanance moisturiser in particular) and Vichy. The new retinol and hyaluronic acid serum in a tube from Vichy has done wonders for my "11's" (those frowny bits between your eyes, mine were really deep despite religious acid exfoliation, use of retinol and deep moisturisation).

I do use a few mid/upper price bracket bits of ££ only skincare regularly, I've tried cheaper versions but these are the ones I keep coming back to because they just work really well for me,

-the glycolic liquid gold night serum from Alpha H 2 or 3 times a week. It's about £50 a tube but you only need a couple of pumps for your entire face and neck so it lasts a while. I can't use the orig liquid gold as it is too harsh for my skin but this works really well for me.
- take the day off cleansing balm from Clinique. Again, a massive jar and you only need a tiny bit so it lasts ages. Much longer than a tube of cream cleanser and my skin likes the fact that it is fragrance and colouring free. It removes all of the crud (inc waterproof mascara) and doesn't make my face skin furious. Win.
- Origins Drink it Up overnight mask. I use it every night over the top of serum as a night cream. It's really moisturising but doesn't make my skin greasy and spotty. Also smells like peaches. Tick.
- keihl's creamy avocado eye cream. My under eyes get a bit crepey this time of year with the central heating and whatnot. A slathering of this stuff sorts them out.

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Tue 16-Dec-14 10:18:45

I agree that there is no such thing as a miracle cream, feliz. Topical, cosmetic stuff will only ever be able to do so much, after all, I'm not sure I want stuff I can buy in the boots beauty aisle to be able to change things in my body at a cellular level! But some do give a better effect than others and/or those effects will vary between individuals (the body shop's vit E cream brings me out in greasy spots but works wonders for my best mate). Or the overall effects might be very similar but there might be differences in texture, fragrance or packaging type which appeal to individual preference (and budget constraints).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now