Talk

Advanced search

Can us stylish ladies wear mens jumpers

(13 Posts)
buttercrumble Sun 14-Dec-14 21:35:48

Can you really tell the difference, is the cut all wrong. I'm looking for a soft cashmere/wool sweater and some of the
mens ones look quite nice , or am I way off the mark fblush

Trills Sun 14-Dec-14 21:40:51

It'll be a very different shape.

If you WANT a jumper where the ends of the shoulders are a good few inches down your upper arms, one from the mens section will work well.

ToffeeLatteplease Sun 14-Dec-14 22:01:02

I could (and regularly did) when I was young and thinner (wistful)

go small enough you could still get a relatively fitted look. not cut so different tbh

Actually hoodies I still get from the mens department.

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Sun 14-Dec-14 22:05:22

I don't believe so

The cut around the shoulders is too different

FobDodd Sun 14-Dec-14 22:11:38

I do, I like the Margaret Howell look it gives. It works when all the other parts of your outfit are very womenswear, and also works with boyfriend jeans/Normcore look. Men's clothes tend to be cheaper than womenswear too.

Try a few sizes on though, to see which looks the best on you.

CointreauVersial Sun 14-Dec-14 23:52:55

The shoulders are broader, the neck is higher, and the body is longer, but they can work well as a slouchy fit with skinny jeans. Try the men's small size.

Some places (Woolovers, for example) sell quite a few unisex styles.

FobDodd Mon 15-Dec-14 08:42:20

Maybe that's why I like them, as I have aa long body, they actually work better on me than womans styles. I like Uniqlo.

Floisme Mon 15-Dec-14 09:09:46

I think it depends on your own shape - if it's a bit boyish then I think they can look really good but if you're curvy then probably not.

arlagirl Mon 15-Dec-14 09:12:51

I do..Iam very tall and slim and like the extra body length. Only fine knitwear

InanimateCarbonRod Mon 15-Dec-14 09:14:04

I wear a man's jumper from French Connection. It's a man's slim fit so the shoulders are smaller (and I'm not slim!)

dexter73 Mon 15-Dec-14 09:22:04

I can because I have broad shoulders, long arms and am quite tall. Sometimes they actually fit me better than womens jumpers.

santamarianovella Mon 15-Dec-14 09:30:34

I do, my favourite one belonged to my dad, he is slim ,but its still oversized on me,and it looks like men's sweater, but I like it that way,

CoconutAmericano Mon 15-Dec-14 09:49:20

I do. I wear men's crew neck cashmere sweaters. I have tiny boobs and I'm tall so they work for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now