Talk

Advanced search

Don't you just wish there was a Boden shop?

(34 Posts)
AnonyMust Sun 14-Dec-14 21:13:38

Just that, really.
Or is there one?
Hate all this guessing and expensive sending back.

Hoppinggreen Sun 14-Dec-14 21:15:49

If there was I could go in, try stuff on and say " no, I look shit" without all the ordering and sending back. Save me lots of time.
Also, perhaps I wouldn't get all these PA emails from Johnny himself

treaclesoda Sun 14-Dec-14 21:17:51

they do selling parties. If you could find one in your area you could go to someone's house, eat all their crisps and drink their bubbly whilst trying on. It's win win.

DustBunnyFarmer Sun 14-Dec-14 21:18:57

I get the PA Johnny e-mails. DH used to joke about my stalker Johnny when we shared an inbox. DMIL tried to buy me gift vouchers for Christmas this year, but rang DH back because they start at £100. Crackers!

Eastpoint Sun 14-Dec-14 21:19:54

There is on the A40 just outside Acton in West London near Hanger Lane. They don't have as much stock as you'd expect.

FestiveChopinLizt Sun 14-Dec-14 21:24:49

I was just saying that this morning. I never order anything in case it looks rubbish on.

But the shop would probably be staffed by over familiar smarmy posh folk, calling me by my first name, saying things like

Oh, it's been a while since we saw you

Did we do something wrong

Try it on and if you don't look fabulous I'll eat my Harris tweed cap

Try this fun print..

AnonyMust Sun 14-Dec-14 21:25:15

Not just me then. Lol
Eastpoint, and they probably don't have it all in regular or long. Hah! Total gamble, isn't it. And not cheap.

AnonyMust Sun 14-Dec-14 21:25:58

Hahaha Festive.

AnonyMust Sun 14-Dec-14 21:26:36

Internet shopping is more dangerous than online BINGO. Fact.

LittleBearPad Sun 14-Dec-14 21:26:52

I like the shop at Hanger Lane. It's not badly stocked and the sales staff are always willing to go check for other sizes/colours etc.

I buy more there than I do via mail order and they usually give a discount at the till.

AnonyMust Sun 14-Dec-14 21:51:39

Good to know. Can you return purchases bought online to the store, too?

LittleBearPad Sun 14-Dec-14 22:03:56

I have taken stuff back there.

Greengardenpixie Sun 14-Dec-14 22:05:38

they seemingly do have a shop...in London:

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/help/shops.html

AnonyMust Sun 14-Dec-14 22:10:17

Might have to see how long it'd taje to get there.

Chewbecca Sun 14-Dec-14 22:14:16

A) never wished it, would much rather shop online
B) there is
C) there's free returns almost all the time anyway

ChristmasJumperWearer Sun 14-Dec-14 22:14:28

Meh.

There used to be one close to where I used to live, and when I was passing by I would usually pop in and buy something or other, but there was never as much stock as on the website.

And discounts were rare.

So I'm fine with the website TBH.

southeastastra Sun 14-Dec-14 22:14:34

no

NoelleHawthorne Sun 14-Dec-14 22:16:11

there ARE shops

two

In london of course

Eastpoint Sun 14-Dec-14 22:16:42

The staff aren't all annoying, posh & over friendly - very normal Festive.

alicemalice Sun 14-Dec-14 22:16:57

There used to be one in Walton on Thames. I wonder why they closed it down?

Iggity Sun 14-Dec-14 22:22:24

As others have said, they do have a shop. It's not in a great location....just off the A40 which is a motorway sized road running from west to central London. There are security guards at the door due to the nature of the area. The staff aren't smarmy or posh etc...fairly normal. It's never heaving when I've been there due to it's location I suppose. It's primarily a residential area beside a tube station. I'm sure they have pop up shops also.

LittleBearPad Sun 14-Dec-14 22:32:51

The area really isn't dodgy. It isn't attractive, the A40 isn't lovely, but I've not seen security guards on the door.

Iggity Sun 14-Dec-14 22:46:56

There is always a security guard at the door. He might not be dressed as one but that's what he is. I asked the staff once why he was there and they said because of the area. Whether that meant there was a risk of people getting mugged on way back to car or people shoplifting, I don't know. Maybe dodgy wasn't the right word to use but compared to the image Boden project, it's quite different. You might expect the store to be in somewhere like Chiswick or Richmond.

LittleBearPad Sun 14-Dec-14 23:00:39

It's location is certainly unusual. I figur its close to their warehouse or something.

Eastpoint Sun 14-Dec-14 23:30:25

They have their offices nearby - I think the family used to live in Chiswick. The offices used to be near Carphone Warehouse in Park Royal (for A40 users) and then they moved. I went to a focus group on Johnnie B clothing a couple of years ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now