Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sequin top?

(13 Posts)
JanineStHubbins Sun 14-Dec-14 18:33:45

I want to wear this skirt for Christmas, and I need a top to go with it. Do you think a sequin t-shirt style top would work? Anyone seen any nice ones?

Or if you think the outfit will be crap, please say so!

Thanks smile

NotYouNaanBread Sun 14-Dec-14 19:59:01

Can't see your pic, but I just bought the white Whistles sequin crop tee & it might just be the most beautiful thing I own. It's wedding dress pretty.

Really not sure th. You've already got red, and purple and animal print. Throwing sequins in there too could be overkill.

Topshop

MV

NoelleHawthorne Sun 14-Dec-14 20:38:36

NO NO NO to sequin
too much going on

you need a plain top

Noelle told it straighter than I did. She's right - absolutely no to sequins with that skirt.

NoelleHawthorne Sun 14-Dec-14 20:44:33

i cant imagine what you WOULD wear. Where is it from? do they have things similar colours?

I think a plain black silk t-shirt, black opaques and black boots/shoeboots might be the only way forward tbh. Anything else would be just Too Much.

NoelleHawthorne Sun 14-Dec-14 20:51:33

agree but there is a purpley shade there

Yes but the skirt is so loud anyway that a purple top would be overkill, I think.

JanineStHubbins Sun 14-Dec-14 22:07:11

Thanks everyone. I just wanted to be festive blush

It's from Jaeger Boutique. I've been wearing it with a plain grey or black v neck jumper for work, but wanted to, I dunno, jazz it up?

Silk t-shirt might be the way to go.

JanineStHubbins Sun 14-Dec-14 22:07:57

It's more orangey than red, btw. Don't know if that's worse!

You'll be plenty festive. grin Yes to plain black silk top, if you can find one. Have a lovely time.

OsloGin Mon 15-Dec-14 18:52:33

NotYouNaanBread you've sold me on the whistles top. Could you link to it? I wear plain colours and need something sparkly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now