Talk

Advanced search

Mint Velvet sale?

(7 Posts)
ihearttc Sun 14-Dec-14 13:06:06

Im coming out of lurking on S&B to ask if anyone knows when the Mint Velvet sale is likely to start?

I have fallen in love with a coat from there but really don't want to pay £149 for it. Im only 4ft 10 but Ive put on quite a lot of weight due to medication that I have to take and literally nothing fits me. I look in the mirror and its like a completely different person looking back at me. I have been a size 8-10 literally all my life and now Im a 12/14 which doesn't seem that much of a difference but because Im so short its really noticeable.

vivlevyhandbagqueen Sun 14-Dec-14 14:34:06

Wondering re Mint Velvet sale too got my eye on a couple of things.

I don't know if your meds are forever heart but you will feel better if you get some new clothes- there is nothing more demoralizing than seeing all your clothes that no longer fit. Get some new pieces in the larger size get your nails done and a bit of bright lipstick.

I wasn't able to exercise for 3 months following an op and put on a stone not much but I am small too so hated it and none of my clothes fitted- took me 18 months to lose.

NoelleHawthorne Sun 14-Dec-14 14:36:28

i cant remember- keep an eye on JL and HoF too as they stock it

ihearttc Sun 14-Dec-14 14:56:47

Yep Ive been looking at HoF but everything seems to be reduced on there apart from Mint Velvet. It was actually in JL that I saw the coat so yes will definitely keep an eye on there as well.

Thank you-Im not usually one to worry about my weight but it's really affecting me at the moment.

Basically to cut a long story short Ive been ill for a very long time..was very thin and used to feel awful constantly. I was always tired and felt like crap. I had loads of tests done and it turns out Ive got Pernicious Anaemia so I have to have B12 injections every 3 months. Apparently in some people it can cause weight gain and it appears Im one of those people. On top of that Im also now taking an AD which is known for weight gain so I think its combination of both things.

I feel so much better than I did this time last year...I spent most of Christmas Day in tears because I felt so ill so Im glad that they've finally got to the bottom of why Ive been so poorly but just wish I could feel better and be my normal weight again!

OneLittleLady Sun 14-Dec-14 15:25:04

I don't know about the sale but just wanted to say, I feel your pain on the medication caused weight gain front. I went from a 8-10 to a 20-22 in the space of three years because of all my meds (16 plus 1 for emergencies) I lost three stone over this past year and I'm now a 14-16, very rarely i can get in a generous 12. it does get better, it really does thanks

Ujjayi Sun 14-Dec-14 16:59:08

Another one coming to offer support on meds-induced weight gain. I went from an 8 to a 14 too. I felt awful about myself even tho I felt better. Suddenly nothing fits & you just feel crappy. I'd also point out that it isn't the numbers per se just a sense of no longer being "you".

Definitely treat yourself to something lovely. It will give you a much needed boost.

It has taken me many months to lose the weight & I have found that a high protein-low carb way of eating is perfect for this. I also follow the exercise plan at Tone It Up. The ladies who run it look like California Dream Girls but they come across as very warm, encouraging & supportive. The advocate short daily exercise sessions so it's easy to fit in. It really works - I'd tried various Jillian Michaels dvds which usually do the trick but IME med related weight gain is a bitch to control.

ihearttc Sun 14-Dec-14 17:23:21

Thanks so much for the support-it really means a lot.

I think its come as such a shock as Im normally one of those annoying people who can eat pretty much what they like and not gain any weight...up until now Ive been virtually the same size all my adult life.

It definitely isn't about the numbers I completely agree...I don't care what size I am really but its more that Ive lost me if that makes sense. On the plus side I have boobs now which is fantastic. I have already had a bit of a shopping spree and got some gorgeous tunic tops from Boden, some black jeggings from M&S plus some other bits but I really my wardrobe. I got a gorgeous jumper last christmas and I tried to put it on yesterday and I actually couldn't...which then started me crying again!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now