Talk

Advanced search

Cowboy boots yay or nay?

(10 Posts)
jenster1976 Sat 13-Dec-14 22:16:34

DH is in Texas at the moment and has decided I need cowboy boots, will I actually be able to wear them, what do we think?

burnishedsilver Sat 13-Dec-14 22:22:26

Not unless line dancing comes back in vogue.

jenster1976 Sat 13-Dec-14 22:25:10

Oh dear, I'm worried he might get me a matching Stetson while he's at it, I think it's catching...

noddyholder Sat 13-Dec-14 22:31:34

I love them but realise they are an acquired taste and you def need to wear them and not let them wear you iykwim. if you feel silly in them you will never wear and they are ££££

TheHappinessTrap Sat 13-Dec-14 23:42:41

I love them but you have to spend loads to get a decent looking pair, and I agree with noddy. V difficult to make it look like just a casual choice of foot wear.

toffeeboffin Sat 13-Dec-14 23:54:07

Yup, do it, I've had a brown pair for over ten years, they look even better with time. I wear them loads, with jeans (under the jeans, not over the top of) and skirts... The key is not to wear anything too cowboy - like with them I. E flowered shirts.

cardamomginger Sat 13-Dec-14 23:56:27

Bit risky to not try them on first, isn't it?

BringMeTea Sun 14-Dec-14 06:47:09

I have a pair bought by an ex, also in Texas... i kinda love them but you really need to look at some styles and be specific about the style you would like. Get ones you like and you've got a shoe classic imo.

captainweasel Sun 14-Dec-14 07:27:09

Yep. Go for it. Agree under jeans I like to wear mine with skirts.

elfofftheshelf Sun 14-Dec-14 11:55:14

Go for it. Suggest he goes to Luchesse. They are hand made and are lovely leather. They do a lot of styles; some very western, some more like riding boots. They are expensive, but so worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now