Talk

Advanced search

How to keep legs warm in winter?

(11 Posts)
springbabydays Sat 13-Dec-14 20:28:20

Sounds like a silly question I know, but it's so easy to layer up top. When you're wearing skinny jeans though, what can you do to help keep your legs warm in winter?? I come indoors sometimes and my thighs are numb! Brrrr!

StuntCodPiece Sat 13-Dec-14 20:30:17

Thermal long johns! I love mine and they are like a second skin under my skinnies.

My dm has pure silk ones which are lovely. Mine are from M&S grin

Skinheadmermaid Sat 13-Dec-14 20:56:44

I remember the winter after I lost a great deal of weight I had to wear leggings or tights under my jeans or I would be shaking with cold. (Plus two thermal vests under about 5 t-shirts and a jumper!)

alpacasosoftsnowgentlyfalling Sat 13-Dec-14 20:58:28

I don't tend to wear skinnies.
German silk and wool thermals under leggings = toasty.

Gillybobs Sat 13-Dec-14 21:01:33

These are amazing! www.houseofbath.co.uk/shop/heat-holders-thermal-tights/KV660/product/details/show.action?pdBoUid=1450&promo=6200&cm_mmc=Googlebase-_-Houseofbath-_-Product%20Feeds-_-na&gclid=Cj0KEQiA5K-kBRDZ9r71gOvlxOMBEiQAwkK52O7JNlphmllS526YoAQIwpfriM_2KnatMfI-RsOvz3kaAsMu8P8HAQ#colour:Black,size:

hugoagogo Sat 13-Dec-14 21:08:15

thermal long johns; i got mine from sainsburys- i love 'em.

TheSpottedZebra Sat 13-Dec-14 21:09:29

Fleece lined tights.
Oh yes.

Deux Sat 13-Dec-14 21:12:27

I got some thermal footless tights from Aldi last year and they're fabulous as they are the same thickness as ordinary tights. I only bought one pair and wish I'd bought more.

I have thermal long johns too but they're a bit thicker and less comfy. I'm liking the idea of silk.

You could try Uniqulo and their Heatech range maybe?

rubybleu Sat 13-Dec-14 21:40:28

Primark fleece lined tights are great. Wore them under skinnies in -2 degrees in Berlin the other week and stayed toasty warm.

RaisingSteam Sat 13-Dec-14 22:18:09

Merino thermals - there might be some in Aldi with the ski stuff? They are barely thicker than woolly tights but sooo warm.

I used to work on building sites and wore thick nylon tights, thermal leggings and jeans all at once.

Heattech is also really warm if you don't stretch to merino.

springbabydays Sun 14-Dec-14 07:43:37

Thank you so much for all the brilliant suggestions! Wish I'd asked earlier in the winter now grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now