Talk

Advanced search

How can I stop red lipstick doing the joker thing?

(11 Posts)
Muckymoo71 Sat 13-Dec-14 20:26:14

I've just started wearing Kate moss no1 and getting compliments but after I have a drink i look the joker from batman and stays on the outside of my lips but comes off the centre? Tried reapplying. Is it worth investing in a more pricey brand or are there any tricks? Thanks!

Comito Sat 13-Dec-14 20:37:16

When wearing lipstick I apply a fine layer of foundation over my lips first, powder, then lip liner all over my lips (including around the edges obviously). Layer of lipstick, blot, another layer of lipstick, blot. Works better with non-glossy lipstick.

No lipstick will stand up all night without any reapplication but I've found this helps and also helps disguise any which rubs off from the centre.

burnishedsilver Sat 13-Dec-14 20:38:36

Max factor lipfinitely.

Skinheadmermaid Sat 13-Dec-14 20:48:44

Lipcoat is pretty good if old skool.
Also if you apply lipstick with your ring finger and pat it into your lips instead of applying directly from the bullet it will wear off evenly. I swear by this.

SchnitzelVonKrumm Sat 13-Dec-14 20:49:05

First coat, blot, dust very lightly with loose powder, second coat, blot. Then pop your pout with your finger to prevent lipstick getting into teeth shock

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 13-Dec-14 23:30:13

If I do wear lipstick (as opposed to a lip gloss/tint) I use the lip pencil liner as a base all over, one layer with a brush , blot, next layer ,blot, Lipcote.

Blowtorch wouldn't shift that wink

OydNeverDeclinesGin Sat 13-Dec-14 23:35:11

Mac, lipliner first. Do the outhine then fill in. Then a couple of coats of the lipstick, blot in between. It doesn't move and lasts for ages before you need to reapply. Well worth the extra ££.

coffeenut Sun 14-Dec-14 09:03:47

I know some makeup artists recommend lip-liner all over first. definitely do a few coats, with blotting in between.

I like using matte crayon/pencil style lippies anyway, which tend not to do this.

missmartha Sun 14-Dec-14 09:18:52

I have tried everything, blotting, outlining , anything you can think of.

The only thing that really works for me is Lipcote on lipstick and lip stains. Lots of people claim they make your lips dry, well not mine. I love them.

I am currently wearing a Colour Pout lip stain from Boots.

cardoon Sun 14-Dec-14 11:27:45

Which crayon/pencil do you use coffeenut?

Muckymoo71 Sun 14-Dec-14 21:35:31

Thanks for all the advice am going to try them at home. Tried lip stains but my lips react to them, have lip cote and will get a mac lip liner. Is it a neutral lip liner or red to use? will try ring finger tip too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now