Talk

Advanced search

Colour help! Had hair chopped short today.

(3 Posts)
queenbrunhilda Sat 13-Dec-14 20:24:38

So on a whim this morning I had my longish hair cut off. Now sporting a lego haircut-type chin-length bob. I like it. It's still quite swishy at the front, can be pushed back behind my ears to look like a more a masculine crop or even worn Suzy Menkes style with a mad quiff. But I think it needs stronger colour (which I can't afford to do at a salon). So, any ideas? I am dark brown, recently re-dyed a semi-permanent dark brown, to cover up patches of grey. Think i need something bolder - a cool dark, purpley red/ brown perhaps? Do you think I can slap another semi-perm over the top? Don't really want to use a permanent if I can help it...Any ideas or recommendations of colours that might work? Thanks in advance.

Milmingebag Sun 14-Dec-14 10:34:52

If it is dark brown very few semis are going to do anything but give your hair a slight hue. Castings black cherry might work achieve what you want.

queenbrunhilda Sun 14-Dec-14 14:35:24

Thanks Milminge - have you used this colour? Do you know if it's a cool or warm red?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now