Talk

Advanced search

can anyone help me please

(10 Posts)
thriftychicken Sat 13-Dec-14 16:02:35

clothes all in a pile on the bed aaargh grin
nearly everything i own is casual and i am trying to put together something i can wear out to a family do .
i have black jeans , an off white silky top and some low heeled black court shoes as the only passable things .
trouble is i will be freezing . Can anyone find me something to wear with it to keep warmer ?
also any idea how to improve on this rather boring ensemble ?
thanks smile

Have you got a black blazer? A biker jacket? A necklace? Do you have any heeled ankle boots? They might look nicer than court shoes with the jeans.

thriftychicken Sat 13-Dec-14 23:19:35

thanks for the reply . have none of the above but i will be able to have a mad dash around the Trafford centre tomorrow . Will probs only have an hour . so , boots rather than shoes then you think ?

Itscurtainsforyou Sat 13-Dec-14 23:32:23

Definitely boots (especially in this weather) and maybe a jacket in a colour other than black (depending on what suits you).

If you're Trafford centre way it might be worth a trip to tk maxx on Trafford park - probably less busy/parking issues.

thriftychicken Sat 13-Dec-14 23:35:13

thanks , i will ditch the shoes and try and find boots .

thriftychicken Sun 14-Dec-14 00:36:29

ok , so now im scouring websites for boots and have no clue what to go for
what is good ?

AlfAlf Sun 14-Dec-14 00:46:52

I'd go for something like these to wear with jeans and a top. I have a similar pair from Ash, almost every shoe shop will have something like them I think.

LeoandBoosmum Sun 14-Dec-14 01:16:33

www.hobbs.co.uk/product/display?productID=0214-BH05-002H700&productvarid=0214-BH05-002H700-BLACK-39&refpage=search/results

thriftychicken Sun 14-Dec-14 10:39:14

thanks smile

Itscurtainsforyou Mon 15-Dec-14 00:01:43

If you're on a budget, new look have loads. I have these (also available in black):
www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/boots/burgundy-lace-up-chunky-heel-boots_316875262

and I love them - don't usually do heels, but can completely walk in them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now